Resume Writing - The Ultimate Resume Writing Course
What you'll learn
- Write a powerful resume that gets the hiring manager's attention.
- Write a powerful resume that stands out from the competition.
- Write a powerful resume that makes it to the top of the hiring manager's stack because it passes the automated filters.
- Write a resume that is customized to that particular job.
- Have pen and paper ready to take notes.
- Be ready to begin writing your resume in a professional way.
- Anticipate using a proven way to write an excellent resume that works for you to get you the job!
Here’s How To Write A Powerful Resume…One That Sells YOU And Gets You The Job!
Do you ever wonder why people who are “less qualified” than you often end up getting the job?
Most people think that the most qualified person gets the job…
But the truth is, it’s not the most qualified person who lands the job, instead, it’s usually the most prepared person who gets the job!
And preparation for getting a job begins at your resume…
Think of it – one of the few things standing between you and your new job, (which can bring you thousands of dollars a month, or even more) is your resume, which is really just a few sheets of paper…
(But oh, how important those few sheets of paper are!)With tens of thousands of dollars a year at stake, (or more) why would you leave this preparation to chance?
The truth about resumes is:
Many resumes don’t even make it past the initial screening process!
Most resumes get kicked out because they:
- Contain too little information
- Contain too much of the wrong information
- Contain information that does not apply to that job
- Are not properly formatted to “guide the eye”
- Do not convey core strengths that you bring to that job
- Do not “sell” you (or your skills and experience) to the hiring manager
These are just a few of the common mistakes people make when writing their own resume!And, if you make just a few of these critical errors,your resume will get flagged by the“Applicant Tracking System”which guarantees that no “human eyes”will ever see your resume!
You see, there are several important things that your resume MUST have, if you want to grab the hiring manager’s attention and increase your chances of landing that job.
Your resume must:
- Be written in such a way that it passes the Applicant Tracking System
- Capture the hiring manager’s attention by showcasing your unique value to the company.
- Display your measurable, relevant achievments and show how those will benefit the company.
- Meet the hiring manager’s needs by customizing your resume to fit the job description.
- Directs the hiring manager’s eye by placing the right elements in the right places and in the right priority order.
If your resume does not do those things, there’s a good chance your resume will be screened out in the next step of the process!
So, if you want to be the most prepared person going in for that job, (or if you just want to stop being ignored by the hiring managers, because your resume didn’t make it past their initial screening process) then be sure to read this entire page.The Challenge Of Writing A High-Quality Resume That Gets RESULTS
When faced with the challenge of writing a resume (or renewing your existing resume) most people don’t know where to begin.
Even if you are a decent writer, it can still be a challenge to portray yourself in a positive light “on paper”.
Worse yet, if you do even a casual internet search for “How to write a resume”, you’ll find all kinds of conflicting advice – and very little of it from real resume experts, people who have created hundreds of resumes and enjoyed tons of hiring success stories!
You see, the author of this course, Jim Lynch, is an expert at resume writing and career advancement, and he also has over 15 years of experience writing resumes and helping people just like you!
So he decided to put his system into an online course and accompanying ebook that walks you through the process of writing a high-quality resume that gets results!The Ultimate Guide To Writing A Resume That Gets You Noticed And Gets You The Job
This course walks you through every step of the resume-writing process, including:
- A simple exercise that will help you define how to best position your skills and experience
- Exactly how to format your resume, including elements like using the correct font sizes, white space, bolding. etc.
- What are the three main formats for resumes and when to use each
- How to guide the hiring manager’s eye through as they’re reading your resume
- What are the 2 core sections of your resume and how you should write each section
- Specific guidelines to follow for each element of your resume – so your resume stands out and stays at the top of the list!
- How to tailor your resume to the particular job you’re applying for
- A listing of the Top 100 keywords to use on a resume
- How to use the correct “buzzwords” when crafting resumes for different industries
- Want to really increase the professional look of your resume? Choose a few of these top key phrases from the included list to kick it up a notch!
Bottom line, you’ll have the greatest tool for writing your own resume because it literally walks you, step-by-step, through the process – giving you helpful hints and insider tips along the way!
So if you’re ready to begin writing your own professional resume (and doing it right, the first time) then this is the guide for you!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to dramatically improve the number of interviews they get as a result of a well-written resume.
- Anyone who wants to learn how to write resumes that stand out from your competitors.
- Anyone who wants to have a competitive edge over other applicants.
- Anyone who wants their resume to make it past automated resume filters to have a chance at the job.
- You should not take this course, if you'd rather write your resume in an ineffective way - the way everyone else does.
If you want to be successful in your own business, then one of the most important decisions you'll make is the proper choice of a seasoned mentor who can guide you to success.
And when it comes to online marketing and selling, I believe you have found the right mentor in me.
My mission is simple: To make a difference in your life by helping you succeed in your own online business.
In every one of my 50+ Udemy courses, you'll see that I am always available and always offer you support through each course. I rejoice in your success and help you through any obstacles!
In the many positive course reviews my courses get, most people like the lively and encouraging teaching style that I convey as well as how I get right to the point and walk you, step-by-step through proven, real-world, proven strategies.
You'll notice that my courses get many 5-star ratings & reviews and my student satisfaction ratings also reflect this.
Here's a little background on my experiences, so you can get a sense of who will be teaching & mentoring you:
A lifelong entrepreneur, I've been marketing online since 1999, and have owned over 30 websites, marketing across most platforms, including online, offline, TV, podcasts, webinars, webcasts, social media and radio. (You name it, I've done it!)
As a proud member of Udemy's Instructor Council, (with 50+ Udemy courses published) I've been teaching business strategies via live seminars / webinars since 2000, and then through video training courses since 2001.
(You'll find my courses below this bio - and all of my courses have at least 10 minutes of free previews available to you, so you can quickly determine the courses that are right for you!)
For 11 years, I hosted my own TV show where I introduced millions across America to the benefits of selling online. My show was seen on CNBC, Fox Business, Discovery Channel, History Channel, Travel Channel and most other major cable networks.
With over $140 million of my video training products sold via TV and Online, I am honored to be your mentor and guide and I'm looking forward to helping YOU reach your goals through the wonderful business of online marketing!
Jim has over 15 years of experience as an executive leader in the private sector with two fortune 500 companies. Jim Lynch has a background in HR, employment law, career development / planning and executive leadership.
Based on his passion, background and entrepreneurial spirit, Jim developed and has run his own resume company for several years, writing 1,000's of resumes for individuals in career transition in all 50 states and 15 countries outside the U.S.
Jim's motto has always been "It's not always the most qualified that gets the job, but the one best prepared to face the job market"
Jim's work in career development draws from real-world knowledge gained from his earlier experience in domestic business, non-profit organizations and corporate America.
He now works at his passion and profession: helping others find work that fits them. In the career field, Jim has been a career counselor, coach, teacher and speaker / communications consultant within many organizations. His expertise regarding resume writing is not only based on opinion, but on what employers, hiring managers, recruiters and past clients tell him ‘works’ to land a job today.
His own career path is proof positive that conscious career planning can result in career satisfaction and fulfillment. Clients have mentioned of their work with Jim: “Much more than I came in expecting!” “Brilliant!” “I found out exactly what I needed.” “The work we did has meant so much to me and my family.”
Jim resides in Southern California with his wife of 20 years and 4 beautiful children.