Resume Writing · Creating A 21st Century Resume
What you'll learn
- Develope a new way of thinking about your skill set, education and life goals
- Create a resume that captures the hiring manager or human resource screening team attention
- Create a resume that shows you clearly understand the corporate culture
- Create a resume that reflects your authentic self, applicable skills and natural traits
- Create a resume designed to accelarate career moves
- Create a resume that wins first round interviews
- No previous experience required
- A willingness to think creatively and absorb new thought process methods is essential
When faced with the challenge of writing a resume (or updating your current resume) sometimes you encounter a struggle.
It is not an easy task to write a 1-2 page synopsis of your combined skill set, education and other talents.
The purpose of your resume is to very quickly capture the attention and interest of the hiring manager, or other human resource personal; with the goal of passing the initial screening and securing the first round interview.
This course is not a course on cutting and pasting your attributes into a templated resume.
This course is designed to stimulate your thinking.
This course is designed to assist you in viewing your skill set, education and other talents, in an entirely new way.
The world has changed.
And continues to do so...
You must be creative with your ability to communicate who you are, in a limited amount of space with just the right words, that will produce that first, second and third glance.
The goal is to keep your resume at the top of the pile; thus, earning your place on the short list for a potential telephone or face-to-face interview.
Preparation is key.
Putting it all together in a compelling format is essential.
You are not a template.
Thus, your resume should not be a template.
Your resume should be an original; with all of the unqiue elements that only you can bring to the position and the organization.
In this course we'll cover the basics.
Then we will pivot to adjust your mindset a bit, as you begin to layer the components of your new or established career, on paper.
The goal never ceases to be; to present a resume that outshines your competitors.
Your resume is your "elevator pitch" so to speak; it is your introduction at-first-glance.
Your talents, your education, your technical and non-technical skills, your creative side, your uniqueness...
This course will help you identify those elements and present them in a compelling and creative presentation.
"Resume Writing · Creating A 21st Century Resume · Entering · Re-Entering The Workplace In A Tight Job Market · Create A Winning Resume · Win That Initial Interview"...
Welcome to the course...
Let's get started...
Who this course is for:
- Career professionals looking to change company/organization
- Career professionals looking to change current field of work/industry
- Leave of absence career professional re-entering the work force
- Downsized professional seeking re-employment
- Recent college graduates preparing to enter the work force
- Soon-to-be college graduates preparing to enter the work force
- Recent high school graduates preparing to enter the work force
- Soon-to-be high school graduates preparing to enter the work force
New Paltz University (New York) B.A. Economics, Class of '79 · Golden Gate University (California) Masters Degree Finance, MBA, Class of '88 · Entrepreneur · Consultant · Publisher · Author · Speechwriter · Lecturer · Artist · Photographer · Mentor · Amherst College Parent Class of '07 · Vassar College Parent Class of '10 · Indie Music · Sports TV · French Cafés · Croissants · Cognac XO · Semi-Retired In France Class of '18 · Life Near The Coast
Personal Finance · Personal Growth · Personal Development · Investing · Real Estate · Entrepreneurship · Life Changes
Teaching, mentoring and offering support to my clients and students around the globe is an absolute joy and pleasure.