Mastery in Java Web Services in less than 3 hours !
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- You will learn to Develop your first Restful API Service in Step by Step
We are going to setup your local environment to start work on the implementation.
- Before proceeding with this tutorial, you should have a basic understanding of Java Language, Text Editor, etc. Because we are going to develop web services applications using RESTful, so it will be good if you have understanding on other web technologies like HTML, CSS, AJAX, etc.
RESTful web services are loosely coupled, lightweight web services that are particularly well suited for creating APIs for clients spread out across the internet. And to build Web services that are lightweight, maintainable, and scalable in nature. A service which is built on the REST architecture is called a RESTful service. The underlying protocol for REST is HTTP, which is the basic web protocol. REST stands for Representational State Transfer.
We do have different types of frameworks to Develop Rest API, the following frameworks are widely used for API implementation.
Jersey, the reference implementation from Sun (now Oracle)
RESTeasy, JBoss's implementation
WebSphere Application Server from IBM
- Java Developers curious to learn Web Service