What you'll learn
- Setup and use NodeJS localhost
- Add a SQLite database to a local project
- Setup a simple Restful API
- Computer and terminal access
Perfect course for beginners to explore how to setup a Restful API! GET, POST, PUT, DELETE
All the resources are provided along with source code to get you started quickly
Technology used within the course:
- Front end AJAX requests will be using jQuery AJAX
- Front end web page dynamic elements from JSON data using jQuery
- HTML and CSS for presentation of front end application
- NodeJS will be used for back end server
- NPM packages include nodemon, express, bodyParser, sqlite3
- Database is at the end using SQLite - SQLite setup files are included*
- Editor Brackets Browser Chrome DevTools
Lessons cover the following:
- Explore how the terminal can be used to setup a backend server using Node.js. Command line interface simple commands will be used to navigate and seutp folders.
- Introduction to the Node Package Manager and how you can use it to get pre built code and bring it easily into your projects.
- Create your start files and learn how you can run node.js files
- explore Node modules and how they work into your main app file
- Learn how to setup an http server using node ready for localhost
- Explore getting file content and reading it as data
- Power Up your node application with Express and Nodemon
- API web resources Postman CRUD
- Use Body Parser to get post data
- Find out how Middleware app use works
- Apply logic with conditional statement to create a login check
- Setup your application for static frontend files index.html
- Requests and responses to the server and webpage
- Setup your routes for a Restful API GET POST PUT DELETE
- Use data to output to page
- Code refactoring with a helper file
- Updating with adding a SQLite Database to hold data
Source code is included to get you started quickly
Step by step instruction, with friendly help always available in the Q&A section
Taught by an instructor with many years of web development experience, ready to help you learn
What are you waiting for join now and learn to setup your own RestFul API.
RESTful : Representational State Transfer (REST) When HTTP is used, as is most common, the operations available are GET, POST, PUT, DELETE, and other predefined CRUD HTTP methods.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn nodeJS
- Anyone who wants to setup a local RestFul API
- Anyone who wants to practice AJAX and APIs
- Web developers
- Junior programmers
- Beginners to Node
I'm here to help you learn, achieve your dreams, come join me on this amazing adventure today
Google Developers Expert - GSuite
Providing Web development courses and digital marketing strategy courses since 2002.
Innovative technology expert with a wide range of real world experience. Providing Smart digital solutions online for both small and enterprise level businesses.
"I have a passion for anything digital technology related, enjoy programming and the challenge of developing successful digital experiences. As an experienced developer, I created my first computer applications in 1990, and my first website in 1998. I enjoy sharing my knowledge with others and want to help you share in the wonderful opportunities that the internet provides."
"Learning, understanding with a strong passion for education. The internet has provided us with new opportunities to expand and share knowledge."
Want to learn more about becoming a web developer, do you want to experience the freedom that technology provides for us? Learn how to bring amazing things to life online. Technology connects us all in many ways. It opens up doors to those who embrace it and learn how to make those connections real.
"My courses are designed to help you achieve your goals, learn and update skills"
"Understanding technology provides a means to better connect with users. It also opens so many doors. Knowledge is the key to success and I want to help you experience what technology has to offer. I'm passionate about web technologies, and look forward to sharing my knowledge and experience with you!"