RESTful Services: Fundamentals
What you'll learn
- Get an overview of the RESTful services
- Get introduced to JAX-RS
- Learn about path matching
- Understand paths and annotations
- Understand injection and sub resources
- Get an overview of response builder, form submission and exceptions
- The course has no formal pre-requisites. However, students with software engineering background will find it easier to grasp the concepts taught in this course.
Representational State Transfer (REST) is an architecture that defines a set of constraints to be used for creating web services. The web services that are compliant to REST architecture are known as RESTful services. The main distinction of RESTful services is that they provide interoperability between computer systems on the internet. This course covers the fundamental concepts of RESTful services and enables the students to understand the usage and characteristics of REST architecture.
This course gives the students an overview of RESTful Services, as well as teaches them about paths, injection, sub resources, response, form, and exceptions. These fundamental concepts are essential for any web services developer to create RESTful web services. The course can help the students kick start their career in the field of web services development.
Who this course is for:
- Front-end and Back-end developers
- Java programmers
- Developers of RESTful web services
At Stone River eLearning, technology is all we teach. If you're interested in IT, programming, development or design - we have it covered.
Check out our huge catalog of courses and join the over 1,200,000+ students currently taking Stone River eLearning courses. We currently offer 1000+ different technology training courses on our Stone River eLearning website and are adding new courses on hot and trending topics every month. A subscription option is available for those with a real passion for learning.