RESTful Web API - The Complete Guide (.NET7 API) Part 1
What you'll learn
- Learn basic fundamentals of ASP NET Core Web API
- Build RESTful API's in .NET 7
- Learn how to document an API
- Versioning in an API
- Implement Repository Pattern in API to database using EF
- Implement Authentication and Authorization in API and Consume API
- .NET Identity to Authenticate API
- Integrate Entity Framework along with code first migrations
- Learn how to consume API using HTTPClient in the Repository Pattern
- Dependency Injection in .NET API
- Deploying API to Azure
- 6months knowlege of C#
- 3-6 months knowledge of NET Core
- Visual Studio 2022
- SQL Server 2018
- .NET 7
This is a Beginner to Intermediate level course on ASP.NET Core Web API that will take you from the basics of building API to consuming them. This course is for anyone who is new to RESTful Web API's in ASP.NET Core or who is familiar with ASP.NET and wants to learn how to consume them effectively in an ASP.NET Core Web application.
By the end of this course, you will be able to build a RESTful web service with Web API by yourself, make GET, POST, PUT and DELETE HTTP Requests with a well-built repository pattern in ASP.NET Core Project. You will also get a exposure to Entity Framework Code First migrations and learn how to save your data persistently in a database.
We will cover authentication and authorization in Web API as well as consume them in a real-world project.
Finally the complete project will be deployed to azure!
What are the requirements?
6months experience in C#
3-6 months knowledge of ASP.NET Core.
Visual Studio 2022
SQL Server Management Studio
What am I going to get from this course?
Learn basic fundamentals of ASP NET Core web API
Build RESTful API's in .NET 7
Learn how to document an API using swagger and swashbuckle.
Versioning in an API.
Implement Repository Pattern in API to the database using EF.
Authentication and Authorization in ASP.NET Core API's.
Integrate Entity Framework along with code first migrations
Learn how to consume API using HTTPClient in the Repository Pattern.
Deploying .NET 7 API
All source codes and exercise solutions of this course are also available on Github and you can find details in the lecture "PROJECT RESOURCES", of course.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn Web API in NET 7
- Anyone who wants to learn how to consume Web API's
- Anyone who wants to Learn Creating and Consuming API with Authentication
I am a passionate and creative software engineer with a strong focus on simplicity and thorough details. I have been programming since high school and I have been involved with multiple web and desktop using .net.
I have a master's of science degree in computer science and a Bachelor of Computer Engineering. I also have many years of experience with .NET C# and .NET MVC. I enjoy teaching along with my full-time job.
For me, the most important part about writing and teaching code is to eliminate the hardships of every student out there who is willing to learn but cannot find adequate resource which is easy to understand. Coding is a way to be creative and have fun!