Restaurant Management Human Capital
What you'll learn
- Master the art of restaurant staff schedule
- Tips for improve teamwork in the restaurant workplace
- Five ways to build a rapport with your restaurant employees
- Restaurant HR best practices
- Restaurant employees tips
- Six restaurant employee incentives to keep your staff happy
- How to decrease restaurant employee turnover
- Employee conflict resolution in your restaurant workplace
- Guidelines for training restaurant servers
- Best practices for restaurant staff training
- Human capital management in food services industry
- The role and responsibilities of HR in a restaurant
- Maximizing productivity and profitability with technology
- Restaurant staffing cost control is critical
- No requirement
The restaurant industry has a great future but its one of the industry that has much competition, all the businesses in this sector are fighting for the same customer dollars, this then means that restaurant managers and owners need to find ways to optimize other areas of their businesses, like controlling operating cost, if they want to boost profitability and remain competitive in the long run. This industry is renowned for high turnover, fluctuating demand, and limited number of high -dollar work shifts, its very important for owners and operators to look for possible ways of balancing staff management and the same time improve profit margins. Restaurant owners are battling on two front that is they are looking for customers and also fighting for talents such as servers, kitchen crew, and managerial staff. Currently hiring and retaining the best talent for your restaurant business is very difficult, this has become a very big challenge to must operators.
One of the things that restaurant operators must do is to set up a human resource department that can aid in the establishment creating a culture of transparency, this means employees will feel safe, secure, and informed at all times. Human resources play a very vital role in making that happen. They can do that by creating and maintaining an environment of trust and transparency. The working environment must be safe for the employees to work so that they will build confidence and also understand that their work is safe. The restaurant owners must adopt a transparent and open door culture that allowed employees to feel free to contact their superiors and express their opinions concerning their job without fear. The nature of the restaurant business dictate that managers must do everything to decrease the turnover of the employees by way of hiring right the first time, this then means the person who is good enough may not be the right person for your position. Aim for the outstanding employee and you will reap the better reward. Restaurant employees need to be motivated more so that they can work to their maximum best.
Who this course is for:
- Restaurant employees, cooks, servers, managers, owners, restaurant association, directors, customers, restaurant policy makers, suppliers, meat agencies, farmers, food consultants, health inspectors, CEO, customers, everybody etc.
My education is centered on business and marketing, I have studied with Chartered Institute of Marketing ( C.I.M-UK) from certificate in marketing, advance certificate in marketing to post graduate diploma in marketing. I proceeded to do master of business administration from central university graduate business school.
I have eighteen years of practical working experience with reputable organisations. The names of these previous organisations I have worked with are Central university Lecturer, Platinum Impex limited, Regional sales/marketing officer, sales/marketing executive, Laine Services Limited. Strict marketing research services chief executive officer/consultant,etc. Iam currently self employed, working as chief executive officer/ consultant of Strict Consult.
I believe in ardent entrepreneurship and always prepare to help business start-up voluntary. In this twenty first century, the customer is king, and every business or student need to understand the customer centric regime. you need the right education and training to understand the customer and deliver to his satisfaction. If you satisfy the customer consistently he will pay your organisation with his loyalty.