REST Assured Fundamentals 2022
What you'll learn
- Use all of the core features of REST Assured
- Test two sample API applications, including one developed especially for this course
- Advanced use of REST Assured to extract explicit data from a HTTP response
- No prerequisites are needed for the course, but you will get more out of it if you know some basic Java
- Basic knowledge of how APIs work will be helpful, but not required
❗️ UPDATE - NOV 2022 COURSE HAS BEEN COMPLETELY RE-RECORDED FROM SCRATCH FOR THE LATEST VERSION OF REST ASSURED - V5.2 ❗️
This course on REST Assured assumes that you have some basic knowledge of Java and API testing, and cuts through all the filler of other courses to get you up and running with REST Assured quickly.
Even if you have little to no knowledge of Java and API testing, you can still follow along with this course.
The course makes use of two different API applications to test against, including one that was created specifically for this course and supports both JSON and XML queries.
This course covers all the fundamentals of REST Assured, including:
Request & Response Specifications
Setting up a Base Class for API testing defaults
Measuring Response time in REST Assured
Covers all HTTP Verbs (GET, POST, PUT and DELETE) - for both JSON and XML
Advanced assertions using Groovy GPATH
Testing and validating against both XML and JSON Schemas
And many many more concepts
If you want a course that will get you up and running with REST Assured and learning the fundamentals of this awesome DSL for Java API Testing, this is the course for you.
This course has recently been re-recorded for a third time, and is one of the most popular API testing courses available on Udemy.
Enroll today and join almost 10,000 students learning about REST Assured and adding API automation to Java projects.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn the fundamental features of REST Assured quickly and efficiently
- Students with an interest in API Automation
Hey, my name is James! I am a principal engineer with over 15 years of experience in the software industry with a heavy focus on automation and performance testing.
I have a great passion for teaching through online tutorials, and am excited to share some of my technical knowledge through that medium on Udemy.