REST APIs & AJAX Operations Using Node, Express, and jQuery
What you'll learn
- The Event Loop
- Creating Node/Express application
- Client-Server communications
- Creating simple REST APIs
- Performing CRUD operations
- Building single page applications (SPA)
- Basic knowledge of REST APIs
- Basic understanding of client-server communications
- Basic knowledge of Node runtime environment
- Modern computer with internet access, Node, and npm
This course takes the following approach:
Finally, we'll switch over to the client side (front-end) and build a clean single page Web app (SPA) using only HTML/CSS/JS and jQuery. We'll deep dive into front-end development and making AJAX calls between our client app and server app.
By the end of this course, you will have a better and deeper understanding how to create your own REST APIs, how asynchronous and AJAX work, and why they're so important in modern Web applications.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner web developers who are curious about full-stack Web development using Node and Express
- Developers who are new to creating REST APIs and making AJAX calls
Christian is a full-stack Web instructor, author, and indie filmmaker. He has over 25 years of experience in Web development, and he has taught computer programming and Web development courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels. In industry, he has built many Web sites and applications using various Web technologies.
Aside from his full-time teaching career, he's an author for LinkedIn Learning, Packt, E-C Council, and MC Press.
He also co-founded a small independent game development and film production company with his wife where they make awesome low-budget movies and mobile apps.
In his spare time, Christian enjoys traveling, exploring new Web technologies, and contributing to Stack Overflow and Quora. Christian holds a Master of Science in Computer Information Systems (Web Application Development) from Boston University.