Responsive Web Design with HTML5 and CSS3 - Advanced
- You will need web hosting where you can upload and test your PHP files
- You will need an HTML editor like Dreamweaver
- It is recommended that you have an image editing program like Photoshop or GIMP
If you have been building responsive websites and you're ready to take your skills to the next level, then this course is for you. This is the third course in this series on Responsive Web Design by Paul Cheney and covers the following topics.
- Using a CSS preprocessor to build a webpage.
- Using PHP include() so that you can build a multiple page website and take advantage of reusable code.
- Using a CSS frameworks and how to build a page using Foundation 5.
- Using jQuery Mobile and a PHP redirect for handheld devices.
Who this course is for:
- Advanced Responsive Designers who have a solid foundation in HTML5, CSS3, media queries, responsive images and design.
- 03:05CSS Preprocessor Overview
- 01:46Introduction to SASS
- 03:44Setting up a new project
- 02:48Setting up a basic site in Dreamweaver
- 10:01Using Partials and Import
- 10:02Using Variables
- 13:35Using Nesting
- 09:58Using Mixins
- 06:03Using Extend or Inheritance
- 05:06Using Math Operators
- 06:53Examining a completed SASS page
- 00:10View the Completed Example
Paul received his master's degree from Utah State University in Instructional Technology and worked as a civilian for the United States Air Force doing interactive computer-based firefighter training. He and his family then moved to Provo, Utah where he worked at Brigham Young University for five years in the Instructional Technology Center. While there, he was involved in authoring multimedia, digitizing video, training faculty in instructional technology. He then moved with his family to Buena Vista, VA where he joined the faculty at Southern Virginia University. While there he taught digital media courses. Ten years later he returned to Utah where he is now an Assistant Professor at Utah Valley University teaching courses in their Digital Media department in the Internet and Web Technologies degree.