Self-Published Author Website Masterclass
- 4.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 7 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn how to build a mobile responsive author website
- Learn how to create an online presence for your author brand
- Learn how to choose a domain name, set up hosting and install and configure WordPress
- Learn how to create an original, professional looking, mobile responsive website
- Learn how to add engaging content to your website
- Learn how to add a blog to your author website
- Learn how to add a Contact Page and an About Page to your author website
- Learn how to add your library of books to your author website
- An understanding that creating an author website involves a certain amount of financial investment
- The purchase of a domain name is a requirement if you want to create your author website
- The purchase of a hosting package is a requirement if you want to create your author website
- The purchase of premium themes and skins (such as Thesis and Effectus) is not a requirement, but is highly recommended
The Author Website Masterclass will show you how to create an original, professional-looking, mobile responsive author website, where you can engage with your readers and turn them into fans
***** Last UPDATED in November 2017 *****
One of the biggest hurdles that a new author faces at the beginning of their self-publishing career is that of anonymity.
Fortunately, there are a number of strategies available to self-published authors to overcome this, such as Perma-free Books, Lead Magnets, Front and Back Matter Promotions, Search Engine Optimisation, Video Marketing and Guest Post Commenting, each of which can be very effective.
Central to all of these promotional strategies is an online presence and in particular an author website.
If you have yet to start building your writer platform, then now is the time to do so, beginning with the creation of a great looking author website.
A step-by-step guide to creating a professional responsive website that you will be proud of
In this course, you will get an over-the-shoulder view as I build a responsive author website totally from scratch for one of my niches, step-by-step.
In this way you will learn:
- How to brand your author website, create a Gravatar, choose a domain name, a hosting package and how to propagate your domain name to your hosting package
- How to install WordPress, configure the basic settings, install a premium theme, install a premium skin and customise your website to make it look totally original
- How to choose the correct plugins for your website, add engaging content and of course your library of books.
The building of a mobile responsive author website really is a MUST for every self-published author. And this course will walk you through it every step of the way.
- Self-published authors looking to increase their online presence
- Self-published authors looking to promote their books
- Self-published authors looking to connect with their readers