Self-Published Author Website Masterclass
What you'll learn
- LEARN how to build a mobile responsive author website
- LEARN how to create an online presence for your author brand
- LEARN how to choose a domain name, set up hosting and install and configure WordPress
- LEARN how to create an original, professional looking, mobile responsive website
- LEARN how to add engaging content to your website
- LEARN how to add a blog to your author website
- LEARN how to add a Contact Page and an About Page to your author website
- LEARN how to add your library of books to your author website
- An understanding that creating an author website involves a certain amount of financial investment
- The purchase of a domain name is a requirement if you want to create your author website
- The purchase of a hosting package is a requirement if you want to create your author website
- The purchase of premium themes and skins (such as Thesis and Effectus) is not a requirement, but is highly recommended
The Author Website Masterclass will show you how to create an original, professional-looking, mobile responsive author website, where you can engage with your readers and turn them into fans
One of the biggest hurdles that a new author faces at the beginning of their self-publishing career is that of anonymity.
Fortunately, there are a number of strategies available to self-published authors to overcome this, such as Perma-free Books, Lead Magnets, Front and Back Matter Promotions, Search Engine Optimisation, Video Marketing and Guest Post Commenting, each of which can be very effective.
Central to all of these promotional strategies is an online presence and in particular an author website.
If you have yet to start building your writer platform, then now is the time to do so, beginning with the creation of a great looking author website.
A step-by-step guide to creating a professional responsive website that you will be proud of
In this course, you will get an over-the-shoulder view as I build a responsive author website totally from scratch for one of my niches, step-by-step.
In this way you will learn:
How to brand your author website, create a Gravatar, choose a domain name, a hosting package and how to propagate your domain name to your hosting package
How to install WordPress, configure the basic settings, install a premium theme, install a premium skin and customise your website to make it look totally original
How to choose the correct plugins for your website, add engaging content and of course your library of books.
The building of a mobile responsive author website really is a MUST for every self-published author. And this course will walk you through it every step of the way.
Who this course is for:
- Self-published authors looking to increase their online presence
- Self-published authors looking to promote their books
- Self-published authors looking to connect with their readers
Having worked as a marketing manager in London during the nineties, where he also completed his Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing, David decided to leave the rat race in 2000, head east and forge a new career as an online marketer. It was during this time that he published his first book.
As a British ex-pat living in Slovakia, David has set up online businesses and written non-fiction books in a number of different niches, most notably freelance translating, ESL and all things Slovak. He also taught Business English to Slovak companies and private individuals and lectured at universities and other educational institutions, where he developed his passion for teaching.
In the last few years, from his mountain home in the heart of Europe, David has primarily focused on print on demand and self-publishing, during which time he has created over 5,000 designs and published over 1,000 books. In addition to this, David has taught online courses to over 50,000 students, mainly in the print on demand and self-publishing niches, and is currently half-way through writing his first series of YA fiction novels.