Resource Management with Primavera P6 PPM Professional
What you'll learn
- This course covers Creating and Assigning Resources and Updating a Resourced Schedule with Primavera Project Manager P6 PPM up to an intermediate level.
- - Creating Roles and Resources
- - Assigning Roles, Resources and Expenses
- - Reviewing Resource Loading with Tables and Histograms
- - Updating a Resourced program
- The ability to use a personal computer and understand the fundamentals of the operating system.
- Experience using application software such as Microsoft Office.
- An understanding of how projects are planned, scheduled and controlled, including understanding the project management processes applicable to your projects.
- Access to a PC with Oracle Primavera P6 loaded.
This course aims to teach participants:
USER AND ADMINISTRATION PREFERENCES AND SCHEDULING OPTIONS
User Preferences - Updated to Version 22
Create Users - Updated to Version 22
Admin Preferences - Updated to Version 22
Miscelaneous Defaults - Updated to Version 22
CREATING ROLES AND RESOURCES
Understanding Resources and Roles
Creating Resources and the Resources Window
ASSIGNING ROLES, RESOURCES AND EXPENSES
Assigning Roles, Resources and Expenses
Understanding Resource Calculations and Terminology
Project Window Resource Preferences User Preferences Applicable to Assigning Resources
Activities Window Resource Preferences and Defaults
Assigning and Removing Roles
Assigning and Removing Resources
Resource and Activity Duration Calculation and Resource Lags
Suggested Setup for Creating a Resourced Schedule
Reviewing Resource Loading
Resource Assignments Window
Copying and Pasting into Excel
Other Tools for Histograms and Tables
Methods of Resolving Resource Peaks and Conflicts Resource Leveling
Guidelines for Leveling
What to look for if Resources are Not Leveling
UPDATING A RESOURCED SCHEDULE
Introduction Budget Values & Baseline Projects, Data Date, Required Information to Update Project
Window Defaults for Updating a Resourced Schedule
Percent Complete Types,
Using Steps to Calculate Activity Percent Complete
Updating the Schedule, Updating Resources,
Updating Expenses - Updated to Version 22
The following people should consider attending this course:
Programme Managers and Project Control staff evaluating the software against your organisational requirements.
Project schedulers who wish to learn how to use the software to schedule and control projects.
Database managers who wish to understand how to set up and administer a database.
Experienced project personal who wish to learn how to schedule and control a project.
Students should have:
The ability to use a personal computer and understand the fundamentals of the operating system,
Experience using application software such as Microsoft Office and
An understanding of how projects are planned, scheduled and controlled, including understanding the project management processes applicable to your projects.
Who this course is for:
- Programme Managers and Project Control staff evaluating the software against your organisational requirements.
- Project schedulers who wish to learn how to use the software to schedule and control projects.
- Database managers who wish to understand how to set up and administer a database.
- Experienced project personal who wish to learn how to schedule and control a project.
Paul Harris holds an Honours Degree in Civil Engineering obtained in the UK and is a Certified Cost Engineer through AACEI International, a PRINCE2 Registered Practitioner and a “Managing Successful Programmes” Registered Practitioner. He has worked in the project controls industry for a number of years and has assisted many companies in a range of industries to set up and run project controls systems. His Melbourne, Australia based company, Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd, offers project controls consulting and training services world wide with a strong focus on Microsoft Project and Primavera software.
As a project controls consultant I have used a number of planning and scheduling software packages for the management of a range of project types and sizes. The first books I published were user guides/training manuals for Primavera SureTrak, P3 and Microsoft Project users. These were well received by professional project managers and schedulers, so I decided to turn my attention to developing books that demonstrated how the software is used with project management methodologies such as PRINCE2 and the PMBOK® Guide. This book follows the same layout as my other books and I trust this book will assist you in understanding how to use Primavera P6 to plan and control your projects.