Resin Geode Basics: How to create sparkling geode art works
What you'll learn
- You will understand the basic equipment needed
- You will be able to make choices about your materials
- You will be able to design your own geode art piece
- You will be able to create your own beautiful resin geode
- Aimed at near-beginners who have perhaps used resin to clear coat in the past. Some prior resin experience is useful.
- Tools needed: 2 part resin, a firm substrate to work on, pigments, paints, glitters, and other embellishments of your choice
- Basic resin working supplies: Mixing and measuring cups, stir sticks, etc
- Safety equipment recommended: Gloves essential. Respirator recommended for those who may be sensitive to fumes.
A course for resin beginners looking to create amazing geode inspired resin art works.
Maybe you've dabbled with resin before, perhaps just some simple clear coating on coasters or art work. Now you've discovered how amazing it can be and seen some of the geodes made from resin and want to make them too. But resin and the geode materials are expensive. You could dive right in, spend a lot of time and money and end up with a piece that just didn't work out - and all those materials are wasted. Taking this class will help you avoid those mistakes and leap up the learning curve so that your first piece will be amazing.
In the class we will cover a wide range of topics concentrating very much on the basics for creating resin geodes. It assumes a previous basic knowledge or resin working but we will still cover safety and supplies needed for working with resin. You'll learn how to pick the best surface, what materials you can use and where to get them, how to keep your resin layers from bleeding and moving too much, and how to tease them into the shapes you want for your resin geode.
Once you have the basics and your first resin geode completed, your creativity can kick in without fear of failure and you'll be able to take it so much further, create amazing designs you will love. You can scroll down to see the full curriculum for this course.
Who this course is for:
- Resin beginners, intermediate or advanced users
- Those who are new to resin geodes and have not made one before
- Resin users who have made a geode and found the colors all ran together
- Anyone with an adventurous crafty nature looking to try a new art form
- Acrylic pouring artists looking to take their skills to the next level
Deby has been teaching and helping people all around the world to realise their dreams for the past 13 years. Whether its your first time exploring the underwater world and scuba diving, or making fascinating acrylic pouring art, learning to sew, or making glorious art with resin, she will lead you step by step to success. Her friendly and approachable style and 'keep it simple' step by step approach breaks down even the most complex of tasks into simple steps that progress until the project, task or dream is complete. Let her be your guide as you explore your creative side.