Social Research Methods for Dummies
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 10 articles
- 4 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn how to write a decent assignment for research methods unit of study
- Formulate their research question
- Understand the differences between research strategies
- Will feel more confident to start your reserach
- Understand how a good proposal looks like and how to create one
- Be able to read academic articles
- Have some ideas for your research
- Buy or borrow: Neuman, W.L. (2006). Social Research Methods: Qualitative and Quantitative Approaches. Toronto: Pearson
- You can use the latter edition: Neuman, W.L. (2014). Social Research Methods: Qualitative and Quantitative Approaches, seventh edition. Essex: Pearson Education Limited.
This course covers very basic concepts related to research methods. We will talk about research itself, research methods, research strategies, data collection methods, sampling and literature review.
My lectures are concise and simplified version of the famous W. L. Neuman book, university lectures (Rachel Wilson and Aek Phakiti) and also some other sources.
The most valuable part of this course is my real assignments, which I wrote for Developing a Research Project unit of study at the University of Sydney. They will help you, if you are struggling with your own assignments and don't know how to start.
You shouldn't start this course if you have some prior knowledge in this area.
- Bachelor's/ master's degree students who struggle with their units of study
- Beginners in research
- Researchers who are not familiar with the Anglo-Saxon educational culture
Reading for this lecture: Neuman, W.L. (2014). Social Research Methods: Qualitative and Quantitative Approaches, p.p. 46 - 53
Read 5 articles that are important for your research.
In Q&A section, publish the summaries.