Research Project Management: Getting Started
What you'll learn
- • Understand the essential principles of effective research project management
- • Identify the eight key skills every research project manager needs to develop
- • Appreciate how successful research project management can benefit your career – both inside and outside of academia
- • Understand the four core stages of the research project lifecycle, so you'll be better prepared to manage every research project and programme for success
- • No special knowledge needed, but you will get more from this course if you have an interest in managing research or a particular research project in mind to which you can apply the principles and information in this course.
As a researcher you’ll be only too familiar with the pressures of building your career – particularly when it comes to making your research count.
Drawing on more than 20 years’ research experience, this online programme introduces the essential elements in managing any type of research – at whatever stage of your career – so you’re able to:
- Identify the eight vital skills every research project/programme manager needs to develop
- Understand the essential principles involved in effective research project management
- Appreciate how successful research project management can benefit your career – both inside and outside of academia
- Understand the four core stages of the research project lifecycle, so you'll be better prepared to manage every research project and programme for success.
We’ll also show you:
- The most important activities to focus on at each of the four core stages, so you can deliver research objectives on time and on budget
- Three of the most common mistakes researchers make when it comes to managing research and how you can avoid them
- How to identify any research project’s most influential stakeholders, so you can prioritize their needs and better manage expectations
Get started today and give research project management the attention it deserves at the top of your career development agenda. Just click the ‘Take this course’ button, top right of the page.
See you inside!
Who this course is for:
- • Designed for early career researchers, PhD and Professional Doctorate students and anyone responsible for day-to-day management or co-ordination of research projects or programmes
- • Because every research project is unique, we focus on the principles, choices and strategies that apply regardless of project size, content or research methodology
- • We do NOT teach you how to use any particular project management software, e.g. Microsoft Project. Nor do we teach you how to use accounting software or systems.
- • The course is relevant to any research field; however, examples used reflect our experience in health care, social care, management, and social science.
A researcher and evaluator with 20+ years' experience managing successful research projects and programmes.
I've spent much of my research career helping students and colleagues achieve their research aims, supervising successful PhD and Professional Doctorate students, writing funding proposals, presenting and publishing research, and helping to develop the research skills and capabilities of researchers who are just getting started in their careers.
Here at Evaluation Works, we're on a mission to help researchers succeed. Nothing gives us greater career satisfaction.