SWOT Analysis in Technical Writing: How to develop rubrics?
What you'll learn
- Identification of Research Gap and Research Process Dimensions
- How to perform literature review and construct a problem statement
- How to reach on an effective methodology and to draw meaningful inferences from research analysis
- How to prepare research paper for a suitable impact factor journal
- How to write an abstract and conclusions on the research findings
- How to prepare illustrations and references for the impact factor publication
- No prior experience required
This course will provide a prospect for participants to establish or progress their considerate of the research process, approaches, and publishing dimensions.
The course introduces elements of the research process within quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methods domains. Participants will use these underpinnings to begin to critically understand design thinking and its large-scale optimization. They would be able to develop an understanding to formulate a research question and answer it by framing an effective research methodology based on suitable methodologies. Furthermore, they would learn to derive meaningful inferences and to put them together in the form of a quality research paper.
They would be able to report and publish papers in renowned journals, conferences and to foster technical reports in their areas of interest.
· Design Thinking Using Immersion and Sense-Making.
· Developing a Research Question based on Literature Review.
· Framing a hypothesis based on the nature of the study.
· Sampling Techniques to be chosen.
· Meta-Analysis & Large Scale Graph Mining.
· Be aware of the principles of research, ethical challenges, and approval processes.
· Identify the components of a well-structured research paper.
· Able to write all the sections of paper including abstract, conclusions, and data statements.
· How to incorporate references in the paper using Hashing Algorithms & disruptive innovation.
· Critically analyze the written paper and its submission to a suitable publishing platform.
· To get acclimatize with Research Publishing Ethics including data privacy, informed consent and declaration of competitive interests.
Who this course is for:
- Research students involved in basic, applied and interdisciplinary research
- Beginners and early career researchers in the academia and industry
Prof. Dr. Engr. Junaid Zafar is currently working as Chairperson in Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Government College University, Lahore. He is also Director, Office of Research, innovation and Commercialization. He has completed his PhD in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, The University of Manchester University, UK, and BSc in Electrical Engineering from U.E.T Lahore. He is Academic visitor to the University of Cambridge, UK, MMU, UK and National University of Ireland. He remained Dual Degree programme coordinator at the Lancaster University, UK. Dr. Engr. Junaid Zafar received Roll of Honors for National Education Commission and Outstanding Teacher/ Researcher Awards from the Higher Education Commission, Pakistan. He is leading the macine learning and Artificial Intelligence centre with GC University, Lahore. He is member of Universal Association of Electronics & Computer Engineers, International Association of Computer Science & Information, and member of International Association of Engineers, IAENG Society of Artificial Intelligence, IAENG Society of Electrical Engineering, Science & Engineering Institute, IAENG Society of Imaging Engineering, Institute of Research Engineers & Doctors, and IAENG Society of Wireless Networks. He is member of editorial board in Journal of Future Technologies & Communications, Technical Programme committee, Frontiers of Information & Technologies, and Technical Programme Committee, Multi- Conference on Sciences & Technology. He is also serving as reviewer for IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory & Techniques, IEEE Transactions on Antennas, IEEE Antenna & Wireless Propagation Letters, IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science, IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, International Journal of Electronics, and IET Antennas & Radio- wave Propagation. He has so far taught over twenty diffrent online courses based on outcome based student oriented models. He has also supervised more than 100 Masters/ MPhil thesis. He has published over 50 high impact factor publications and presented his work at several national and international renowned platforms.