Requirements Analysis and Design Definition (IIBA - ECBA)
What you'll learn
- Recognise characteristics of the Requirements Analysis and Design Definition knowledge area
- Understand how business analysis core concepts are applied during requirements analysis and design definition
- Demonstrate your understanding of requirements analysis and design definition
- Recognise considerations when modeling and analyzing requirements
- Recognise activities related to specifying and modeling requirements
- Understand what's involved in specifying and modeling requirements
- Apply relevant techniques when verifying requirements
- Describe activities related to verifying requirements
- Demonstrate what's involved in verifying requirements
- Understand actions related to validating requirements
- Apply guidelines and techniques used to validate requirements
- Recognise what's involved in validating requirements
- No special requirements or prerequisites, but general knowledge about business would facilitate learning.
The Requirements Analysis and Design Definition course is aligned with the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge Guide (BABOK3), and in this course, we're going to begin looking at the knowledge area requirements analysis and design definition.
The course covers the first three tasks, which involve creating a list of requirements and then verifying that they are of sufficient quality to be used for further work.
And then, validating them to ensure they deliver benefits to the stakeholders, align with business goals, and align with the objectives of the change.
Requirements Analysis and Design Definition
1. Overview of RADD
2. RADD and the BACCM TM
3. Exercise: Understanding RADD
Specify and Model Requirements
1. Specify and Model Requirements: Inputs and Elements
2. Requirements Modeling: Guidelines and Tools
3. Exercise: Defining Requirements
1. Verify Requirements: Inputs and Elements
2. Verify Requirements: Tools and Techniques
3. Exercise: Verifying Requirements
1. Validate Requirements: Inputs and Elements
2. Validate Requirements: Guidelines and Techniques
3. Exercise: Validating Requirements
You can use this course to improve your business analysis knowledge and abilities and to obtain the certifications provided by the International Institute of Business Analysis.
This course is part of the Business Analysis Certification Program which includes 14 courses. That’s it! Now go ahead and push that “Take this course” button and see you on the inside!
Who this course is for:
- Individuals ready to develop their business analysis skills, knowledge and behaviours as practicing business analysis professionals.
Sorin Dumitrascu is a man with many talents and a passion for helping others grow and develop. He has been involved in the development and delivery of courses on management, computer literacy, human resources, career development, and more for over 15 years.
Sorin is also a certified trainer and project manager, with a master's degree in International Relations and Policy Making as well as a bachelor's degree in Law and Public Administration. He has coordinated projects in the areas of rule of law, regional development, and human resources for over a decade.
Sorin has an extensive background in civil service, private sector and NGO work. He has more than 15 years of managerial experience in justice, corrections, internal affairs, training, project management and consultancy within the private sector and NGO.
Additionally, he is certified as an ICDL tester and trainer for United Nations Peacekeeping Missions and holds a professional degree in public management.