Technical Report Writing
What you'll learn
- How to write a professional technical report
- Drafting, structure, language, layout, design and production
- Grammar, readability and writing in plain English
- none, but suitable for graduates and students
Many professionals have difficulty in expressing ideas on paper which means that useful concepts may never be fully understood or valued. Effective report writing, the exchange of information, views, opinions, and decisions between people at all levels, internally and externally, make a vital contribution to organisational success.
This 17 session course aims to present a comprehensive overview of the essential elements of effective technical report writing and help delegates develop the practical skills required to write successfully, for an internal or external audience. It will teach the fundamental skills for technical report writing.
There are many downloadable resources provided including book chapters, quizzes, forms, activities, links and PowerPoint slides.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
1. Appreciate the importance of technical writing skills necessary in a professional context
2. Understand the stages in the preparation process of technical reports
3. Demonstrate the ability to pitch technical reports at the level appropriate to the intended audience/reader
4. Identify the essential features of reports, including format, linguistic and grammatical accuracy along with the choice and application of graphics
5. Apply the above principles to the production of effective professional, technical reports
Who this course is for:
- This course is suitable for anyone who writes technical reports
- You could be a new graduate, a student or a professional who needs to refresh your skills
- If you have struggled to prepare a professional technical report that demonstrates your professionalism, this is the course for you.
Tony Buon has over 30 years’ experience in workplace training, communication, and Leadership. Tony is a qualified Workplace Psychologist, Mediator, and Author. He specialises in Communication and Psychology.
He holds Diplomas in Mediation, Conflict Resolution, Counselling, and Adult Education. Degrees in Psychology and Behavioural Sciences and Post-Graduate Qualifications in Education and Organisational Psychology. He is a Certified Employee Assistance Professional (CEAP) and a Registered Civil, Commercial and Workplace Mediator (CMC-UK).
Tony has worked with many of the world's leading organisations including 3M, ABB, Accor, Agip, Al Khafji JO, American Express, Aramco, AXA, Bechtel, Boustead, BHP, Black & Veatch, British Council, BP, Chevron, Coca-Cola, ConocoPhillips, Dolphin Energy, DuPont, ECI, Fluor, Fujitsu, Gulmark, Halliburton, ICI, Johnson & Johnson, KNPC, Kuwait Petroleum, London Hospital, Marathon Oil, McDonald's, Microsoft, National Australia Bank, NHS, PetroChina, Petrofac, Pfizer, Qatar Petroleum, Riyad Bank, Sonatrach, Technip, UCL.