Personal Transformation Psychology for Removing Ego
What you'll learn
- You'll learn the key psychological principles for making a change in terms of mitigating your ego or perfectionism
- You'll learn about mental techniques to more effectively change your conditioned responses and behaviors, finding new productive alternatives
- You'll get to know useful techniques for when you are not feeling motivated, or when an obstacle is preventing you from continuing
- You'll draw key distinctions in terms of your mindset, your outlook on life, relationships with others, and other key areas for your development
- You don't need any prior knowledge (having experience in transforming yourself and making big changes helps, but is NOT required)
In this course, we are going to cover the psychology of your transformation towards better removing your ego and being more objective. This is a course that is not that focused on the actual techniques and practical skills (conversation techniques, attitudes), but the mindset. In other words, if you already know what you have to do logically, but for some reason, you can't get yourself to do it (maybe it's your emotions, maybe you don't deal well with setbacks, or others), then this is the course for you.
Our goal with this course is to cover the psychology of personal transformation. In other words, how to get you to change your behavior. We will be exploring three main phases:
- Definition (knowing what your specific goals are, your timeline, making a decision);
- Executing (actually starting to have less ego and be more objective in conversation, having the right mindset and supporters, among other things);
- Resilience (knowing how to properly discharge negative emotions, as well as change your state when you find yourself in a negative one);
The course contains multiple techniques related to psychology, behavior change, and other areas, all applied to help you stay connected to reality and avoid becoming stubborn or falling into delusions that will prevent you from having healthy discussions and relationship with others.
By the end of this course, you will know how to cultivate the necessary habits and behaviors to have less ego in the long-term, not being derailed by obstacles, and always performing at your best.
Who this course is for:
- You're anyone who is unhappy with how their ego gets in the way of their professional life, and who wants to improve it
- You're anyone who has tried other methods to change themselves before, and is looking for something new, and grounded in psychology/science
I have what could be considered an unconventional background as a coach. I don’t come from psychology or medicine. In fact, I come from tech. I created two tech startups that reached million-dollar valuations, backed by the MIT-Portugal IEI startup accelerator, afterwards becoming its Intelligence Lead.
After years of coaching and mentoring startup founders on talent management, emotional management, influence and persuasion, among other topics, I started being requested by executives and investors, like venture capitalists, with more complex, large-scale problems.
After years of doing executive work, I started specializing in coaching asset management professionals. With the signing of my first fund manager/CIO clients, I started adapting my performance and influence techniques for purposes such as talent management for PMs and analysts, fundraising from allocators, effective leading a team, and properly assessing talent for compensation/promotion/allocation increases.
I currently provide performance coaching and influence/persuasion coaching for executives and asset management professionals, mostly but not limited to purposes like managing people, leading and closing sales/capital commitments.