Making Remote Life Work
- 41 mins on-demand video
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- How to identify your unique demands and resources as a remote worker
- How to take care of you mind, body, and heart while working as a remote employee
- How to effectively communicate with your colleagues in an all-virtual, 100% remote world
- How to use non-verbal cues, active listening, empathy to have more meaningful and authentic virtual conversations
- You should be working in a remote role
Are you new to remote work and unsure how to best navigate this virtual, stay-at-home life? Why try to figure it out on your own when there are research-based strategies and skills you can use to feel more stable and connected to others in a 100% virtual world? In this course, you’ll learn how to take care of yourself while also making and maintaining meaningful connections with your colleagues as a remote worker.
You are in great hands with the course instructor, Dr. Victoria Mattingly, an organizational psychologist who is trained in the science of improving the human experience at work. Not only does Dr. Mattingly deliver this content to her corporate clients via live webinars and virtual workshops, but she has also personally LIVED the #remotelife experience herself.
Like all the best lessons in life, she learned the hard way about the detrimental effects of not taking care of yourself, having proper boundaries, and maintaining meaningful relationships with others as a remote worker. She burned out as a result...bad. She's since learned through research and personal practice how to be healthy and THRIVING as a remote worker. It's since been her personal mission to help others not repeat her previous mistakes...while drawing from organizational science, interweaving research-based best practices with her personal take and experiences.
In this course, you will learn evidence-based strategies for taking care of yourself as a remote employee, how to effectively communicate virtually with others, and how to best collaborate with your team in a business world that has been turned upside down by COVID-19.
- Anyone who recently transitioned to a 100% remote work role
- Anyone currently working in a virtual environment or leading virtual teams
The science behind being an effective and healthy remote employee:
1) Job-demands resources model
2) Emotional intelligence