Remote Worker Health and Well-being
What you'll learn
- Understand the importance of remote worker health and wellbeing
- Assess your own personal wellness
- Identify methods for reducing work-related stress and anxiety
- Time management techniques to help structure your day
- Establish the basics of how to set up an ergonomic workspace
- Learn how to design a home worksite inspection checklist
- Clarify employer obligations for remote worker wellbeing and the legal requirement for remote work policies
- There requirements or prerequisites for this course, we start with the basics, so it is perfect for beginners.
This course is designed specifically for those who would like to quickly learn some invaluable skills and techniques, for improving and maintaining health and well-being, whilst working remotely or as part of a hybrid work arrangement.
Our video lectures and specially-designed activities will quickly have you up to speed with all the essentials, and feeling much more confident about managing your own health and well-being, in addition to gaining a better understanding of the wellness needs of other hybrid and remote workers.
Course Learning Outcomes
* Understand the importance of remote and hybrid worker health and well-being,
* Identify methods for reducing work-related stress and anxiety,
* Effective techniques for improving time management and work structure,
* Establish the basics of how to set up an ergonomic office,
* Learn how to design a home worksite inspection checklist,
* Clarify employer obligations for remote worker wellness and the legal requirement for remote work policies.
* Knowledge and techniques for better health and well-being
* Clearer boundaries between work and home life
* Improved time management
* Greater motivation and engagement
* Increased job satisfaction
* Reduced absenteeism
* Increased productivity
* Improved understanding of home office ergonomics
* Lower staff turnover
Who is it for?
This course is designed for anybody who currently works remotely, either full time or as part of a hybrid work arrangement, and wants to learn how to take better care of their health and well-being whilst doing it.
It is suitable for individuals, looking to take better care of themselves, and for time-poor business unit managers, supervisors and HR managers, who quickly need to understand the essentials for remote worker health and wellness, work from home policies, and home worksite inspection tests.
This course is designed to equip you with all the basics for understanding the importance of remote/hybrid worker health and well-being, in only an hour.
As with all our courses, once you sign up, you receive full lifetime access to this course and all its materials, plus any updates we add later.
What you'll get
* Video tutorials
* Guided readings
* 1 x WFH policy template
* 1 x WFH policy checklist
* 2 x Home worksite inspection self-assessment checklists
* Bespoke assignments
* Leading industry white papers
* Online test
* Certificate of completion
* 30-Day money back guarantee
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed for anybody who works remotely and wants to learn how to take better care of their health and wellbeing whilst doing it. It is suitable for individuals, looking to take better care of themselves, but also for time-poor business leaders, supervisors and HR managers, who quickly need to know the basics about remote worker health and wellbeing, remote work policies, and home worksite inspections.
Dr John Hopkins (PhD) is an Associate Professor of Management, from Swinburne Business School in Australia, and has been one of world’s leading researchers into flexible and remote work trends for nearly a decade. John is also the Founder of WorkFLEX, a Melbourne-based company which offers a range of consulting and training solutions, to help newly-remote/hybrid workers and organisations successfully transition to new ways of working.
John's interests in flexible and remote working first began in early 2014, as part of an academic research project investigating ways to reduce traffic congestion around urban areas, and the subject has remained his passion ever since. In the following years, he has successfully delivered a range of flexible and remote work projects, for a variety of public and private sector clients.
His research has featured in many high ranking, internationally recognized peer-reviewed academic journals and industry publications, and he is regularly invited to provide expert opinion on the topic of flexible and hybrid work in the local, national and international media.
John has worked in the academic profession for almost two decades, teaching undergraduate, postgraduate and exec ed students, and during this time has won an array of awards for his engaging teaching style and innovative curriculum development.