Releasing Negative Beliefs & Thought-Patterns ~ Tara Brach
What you'll learn
- See how unconscious mental habits are established
- Understand why you keep holding on to beliefs that cause suffering
- Loosen the grip of beliefs that have been keeping you stuck in a rut
- Release beliefs that fuel unhealthy behaviors
- Discover what's possible when you no longer believe in old, limiting stories about yourself or other people
- There is no prerequisite to taking the course.
If we are suffering, we’re believing something that is limiting and untrue.
Many of us have a cluster of core beliefs that bind us in fear and feelings of deficiency. These beliefs lead to harmful habits—addictive behaviors, conflicts, avoiding risks—that get in the way of our productivity, our ability to enjoy intimacy with others and a creative, happy life.
This course shows how you can shine a light of mindful awareness on limiting beliefs, and taste the freedom that’s possible when you loosen their grip.
Whether you believe deep inside that you are unlovable or unworthy, unseen or misunderstood, your beliefs disconnect you from your own being and from the world.
Suffering is a call to attention, your call to investigate the truth of your beliefs. For a parent, the call might be the stranglehold of worry about a child’s welfare. For a business leader, it might be stress about a volatile market (or workplace). For a musician, it might be the disabling terror that accompanies performance. For a social activist, it might be despair in the face of seemingly endless injustice.
Wherever we feel most endangered, most separate, most ashamed or stuck: That’s where we need to shine the light of mindfulness to become more free.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who feels trapped in habitual thoughts & feelings of anxiety, anger, resentment, sadness, loneliness or depression
- Everyone seeking to dismantle barriers to connection with themselves and others
- Anyone who wants to be more inspired, creative, innovative
- Anyone who wants to enjoy greater confidence
- Anyone who seeks to realize their full potential for compassion and wisdom
Tara Brach, Ph.D. is a clinical psychologist, an internationally known teacher of mindfulness meditation, and author of the bestselling Radical Acceptance, True Refuge, Radical Compassion and Trusting the Gold. Her podcast exploring the role of mindfulness in the realization of human potential receives more than two million downloads each month.
Tara’s work is prominently featured in the New York Times guide to meditation and other major media ranging from the Wall Street Journal and Washington Post to Tim Ferriss. She has given keynote addresses at conferences offered through Harvard Medical School and Salesforce, among others, and contributed numerous articles to popular magazines and websites.
Tara regularly leads accredited workshops for mental health professionals, as well as retreats for wider audiences, at centers in the United States and Europe. She has been invited to teach classes to United States Congress members and staff, to judges of the D.C. Superior Court, and at the Smithsonian. In addition to her public teaching, she is active in bringing meditation into schools, prisons, and underserved populations around the Washington, D.C. area.
She and Jack Kornfield have co-founded the Awareness Training Institute (ATI) which offers online courses on mindfulness and compassion, as well as the Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Certification Program (MMTCP).