Relax with Brush Painting - Landscape Scenery
What you'll learn
- Learn to paint various techniques about mountains in the oriental landscape brush art style
- Learn to paint water, fog and clouds in the oriental landscape brush art style
- Learn about the relevant culture and paint traditional houses in the oriental landscape brush art style
- Learn about the dressing, hair style and some social conventions of ancient oriental people, and paint their various gestures with brush and ink
- Learn to paint bridges, boats, tools and animals in the oriental landscape brush art style
- No specific requirements.
This landscape scenery course is a fine breakdown of almost all relevant aspects of the oriental landscape painting style. We start by learning the core parts of the landscape painting including the various technique involved in the painting of mountains and water (fog and clouds too), we then move on to painting the other supportive sceneries, such as houses, bridge, boats, people, tools and animals. In the learning of each of the above stated aspects, we will also discuss the culture and history related to them, offering you a better understanding of the traditional oriental culture, because we cannot separate the history and culture from their expression - our paintings.
This course will be organised in two large sections, the "main dish" and the "dessert". The mountain and water painting parts can make up the rather core of the oriental landscape painting, and every single oriental landscape painting could contain these parts; The rest of the course will be composed of the extra things, and the painting will be made more alive because of them. Throughout the course there will be historical and culture discussions, and therefore you can expect a "full meal" here.
By the end of the course, you will be able to use the techniques and examples discussed in each section to enrich your landscape paintings in the proper oriental style. The practice can take time however, but practice always makes perfect!
Ink, Painting Brush (small), Raw Rice Paper
In the introduction videos you will learn the basics of the oriental art and the relevant materials. There is also another short video provided in case you need support in preparing and holding your painting brush.
Who this course is for:
- You enjoy the oriental landscape painting
- You would like to advance your skills in the different aspects of the oriental landscape painting
- You are passionate about the ancient oriental culture
Hi there, I am an English speaking (fluent) traditional Chinese artist who has been trained in these arts since the age of 5. Now living in Europe, I find it aspiring to share my knowledge with you, especially if you are seeking to relax your mind in an alternative way.
The courses will contain plenty of detailed practical traditional painting / calligraphy techniques that will help you form a solid base, develop your skills or master these arts. In my courses, there will also be useful information in terms of cultural relevance. Additionally, thanks to my two Master's studies and business school work experience, there will occasionally be useful content related to the Chinese business culture from an international perspective.
If you are an old friend of the Chinese art, welcome to join our art family; if you are a future friend, why not have a try at it with me? Look forward to seeing you!