Reinvent Your Career
What you'll learn
- At the end of our course, students will be able to implement a plan to reinvent their career having:
- Taken stock of their current reality of the career to date, their skills, values, strengths, needs and resources;
- Explored their ‘why’ and created an inspiring vision for their working lives;
- Produced and evaluated a range of options for their reinvented career and decided which option(s) to pursue;
- Formulated a plan and identified how to overcome obstacles and create the confidence needed to reinvent their career.
- All materials required for the course will be provided as downloadable pdfs, many of which will require printing and collating into one file. Student will therefore need Adobe Acrobat Reader and access to a printer. There are no specific actions that students need to take before the course begins.
Would you like to make changes to your current career or find a new career but don't know what that might look like or how to get started? Then, our Reinvent Your Career course will guide you through a comprehensive journey of taking stock of where you are now, clarifying your vision for your future career, deciding what you want and then planning how to get there.
The content of this course is based on our many years' combined experience in career development coaching and the latest research in psychology and personal development. The course has 17 sequential modules, each of which has a video-based lecture to explain the topic and a worksheet downloadable as a PDF for you to work through an activity on your own at a pace and timing that suits you. We've included a range of interesting and engaging activities, such as self-analyses, guided meditations, reading, educational video clips and TED Talks - something to suit all learning styles. There is a total of 80 minutes in video lectures, 15 hours of practical activities and another 55 minutes in educational video clips.
When we spend so much of our waking time at work, we owe it to ourselves to use that time well. If you're a mid-career professional who would love to get the career satisfaction, success and fulfilment you've always wanted, and make the most of your inherent strengths and skills, then this is the course for you.
Who this course is for:
- The specific need(s) this course is catering to: • People who are looking for a complete career change but don’t know where to start the process of bringing about that change; • People who might have some ideas of what they’d love their future working life to look like but want to go through a robust process to test their options and create a plan to get there; • People whose present career might not be needed in the coming years and so need to research and decide upon alternative options.
- Who this course is best suited for: Experienced professional men and women who are part-way through their careers but who want something different from their working lives.
- Who the course is NOT for: Recent school, college or university leavers who have limited or no experience in a professional career. People in manual or unskilled jobs.
I bring over 30 years’ experience of business and personal development to my role as a coach. I am a Professional Certified Coach accredited by the International Coach Federation, with over 2500 coaching hours and in excess of 300 hours of coach-specific training.
I have supported a wide range of corporate and personal clients to be more effective in the workplace, helping them to clarify career direction; develop effective leadership styles and emotional intelligence; enhance their impact, influence and personal presentation skills; build confidence, assertiveness and resilience; and to increase their personal and organisational effectiveness, often resulting in improved work/life balance and reduced stress. I utilise my extensive experience of interpersonal training and development techniques to help my clients bring about change and improvements in their working lives.
Along with my fellow career coaches, Katie Botten & Ruth Robertson, we have developed the Reinvent Your Career course to help professional women and men get most from their working lives.
I am a business psychologist and leadership development specialist with 15 years experience working across diverse industries and assignments. I am passionate about bringing out the best in people by unlocking and harnessing their strengths. I specialise in the application of positive psychology and use strengths focused approaches in my work with clients around themes which include personal effectiveness, resilience and authentic leadership.
I have trained and coached at a variety of levels, from graduates to board representatives and developed leaders and emerging talent across a variety of sectors across the globe. In the last 6 years, I have developed a passion for working in the healthcare sector, and have designed and delivered successful leadership and resilience programmes for clinicians and operational leaders in the largest healthcare organisation in the UK. I am now about to launch a suite of online programmes that focuses on career reinvention, strengths, resilience and leadership effectiveness.
I've spent over 25 years helping individuals and teams to bring out the best in themselves in their work. Focusing on creating productive relationships, developing interpersonal skills and discovering and building on your strengths are key to fulfilment and succeess.