The Complete Regular Expressions(Regex) Course For Beginners
What you'll learn
- Learn Regular Expressions(regex) - A must have skills for an IT professional or a data scientist today in today's world.
- Understand the core concepts. Once you understand the core concepts, regular expressions(regex) are a piece of cake!
- Avoid rote learning, and follow beautifully designed illustrations to understand the core techniques of regular expressions(regex).
- 30 hands on examples; Each example comes with a step-by-step solution, with graphical illustrations.
- Follow a well defined step-by-step process , exclusively designed by yours truly, which will enable you to create, use and apply regular expressions(regex) in any scenario that calls for it.
- Hands-on sessions for multiple regex engines like Java, grep etc. The techniques will be taught in such a way, that you can apply it to ANY regex engine of your choice.
- Take up regex challenges once you have grasped the core concepts.
- The whole course is scripted to perfection with subtitles.
- Hand-typed subtitles are provided, which are 100% accurate. The auto generated speech-to-text subtitles are usually of not much use because of low accuracy.
- All you need is a PC and any tool or programming language of your choice,that has a regex engine. Even notepad++ will do!
Regular expressions(regex) is a moderately difficult topic to grasp, as well as teach. It is really important that you grasp the core concepts thoroughly. Once you get the fundamentals right, regular expressions(regex) will come naturally to you. I struggled to learn regular expressions(regex) myself a couple of decades back. I completely understand the pain points. I have seen tons of free youtube videos on regular expressions(regex), but they all fail in something fundamental. They do NOT care about getting the basics right. I have taken immense efforts to prepare this course material. Each and every concept, each and every exercise, has been meticulously planned in such a way that it sticks to your brain easily. I have created graphical illustrations wherever possible to drive home the point. Each of the 30 examples come with graphical illustrations on how the regex techniques are applied in a step-by-step way, to come up with a solution.
I teach regular expressions(regex) using the POSIX standard. I have done so because the POSIX standard is followed by ALL regex engines. So if you know how to apply the techniques that you learn from this course, you can play around with regular expressions(regex) in ANY programming language of your choice. You could even try it out in Notepad++ (Yes, Notepad++ comes with a basic regex engine.)
I have hands-on sessions for ALL the 30 exercises in this course. Even if you are not familiar with the programming language, you will be able to follow it easily and apply it to your case.
I have kept my voice narration to a very slow pace on purpose. You can put me on 1.5x or even 2x speed on the Udemy player, if you think I am slow.
Something else that is special about this course - The subtitles are hand-scripted and accurate. I have even checked the timings to guarantee accuracy. Most courses come with subtitles that are auto-generated using a Speech-To-Text Engine, the accuracy of which is fairly low. But not mine! I have taken pains to script my course to perfection and include the subtitles too. So if you are at work, and you want to put me on mute, please feel free, although I would like you to hear my voice narration. If you want to put me on mute, just enable the subtitles in Udemy and play!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn Regular Expressions(regex) inside out and apply them to solve day-to-day problems, Programmers, Developers, or even anyone who deals with data like data scientists etc.
After graduating with an engineering degree in Computer Science , I stepped on the IT bandwagon in the 1990's and boy, what a ride its been! I have laid my hands on almost all facets of IT from operating systems, programming languages, algorithms to Cloud Computing, AI & ML. I am an evangelist for effective teaching methodologies. My focus is ALWAYS on getting the core concepts right, and on doing through learning. IT is all about hands-on experience. All my courses are well illustrated. I hate reading through slides as I have been a victim of rote learning myself. Ever since I took to teaching, I have tried to take the monotony out of learning, and tried to make it fun, colorful and exciting. Other than coding, and teaching, I like to socialize with my students. My response to your queries is just a few hours away!