Multiple Regression with Minitab
What you'll learn
- Mastering Muliple Regression - Including Linear and Polynominal Regression
- Perform and interpret the results of Regression Analysis using Minitab
- A practical view of the Regression modeling
- Some basic understanding of statistical concepts
- You can download 30 days trial version of Minitab for practice from their website
In this course, I will teach you one of the most commonly used analytical techniques: Regression Analysis.
This course covers the top of multiple regression analysis at the Six Sigma Master Black Belt level.
I will use Minitab 19 to perform the analysis. The focus of my teaching will be on explaining the concepts and on analyzing and interpreting the results of the analysis.
The course starts from the basics, covering the scatter plot and learning the simple regression with just one predictor. The analysis is conducted in Minitab 19, and the results of the output are explained in detail. To understand the concept, a simple example of hours of studies and marks obtained in the exam is taken. As you move through the course the example becomes more complex. In the end, we analyzed and modelled the insurance cost based on various factors.
This course also covers hypothesis testing, understanding the p-value to interpret the result.
Later, additional predictors are added to the regression model. The performance of the model is understood by interpreting the value of R-squared and adjusted R-squared.
The following concepts are covered in this course:
Simple Linear Regression
Nonlinear Regression (Polynomial)
Bias Variance Trade-off
Selecting features using Best Subsets and Stepwise selection approaches
Training and Test Data - Validation set approach, Leave one out cross-validation and K-Fold Validation.
Project Work - Medical Insurance Charges
Who this course is for:
- Six Sigma professionals who want to take their understanding of Regression Analysis to the next level
- Anyone who wants to get a more in-depth insight into interpreting the Regression results
ASQ ConnEx Expert, PMI-PMP, IRCA Registered Lead Auditor, ASQ - CSSBB, CQA, CQE, CMQ/OE, IIA - CIA, NAHQ - CPHQ
Sandeep Kumar has more than 35 years of Quality Management experience. He has worked as Quality Director on several projects, including Power, Oil and Gas and Infrastructure projects.
In addition, he provides coaching and consulting services to implement Lean Six Sigma to improve performance.
After the successful completion of ASQ vetting, Sandeep Kumar has been designated as a genuine and authorized ASQConnEx expert. ASQConnEx is an education delivery system and network that vets, designates, and connects quality subject matter experts with organizations to advance their excellence journey.
His areas of specialization include Quality Assurance, ISO 9001:2015, Lean, Six Sigma, Risk Management, QMS Audits, Supplier Quality Surveillance, Supplier Pre-qualification, Construction Quality, Mechanical Inspection and Quality Training.
His professional qualifications/certifications include:
• Authorized ASQ ConnEx Expert
• ASQ-CSSBB, Certified Six Sigma Black Belt
• ASQ-CMQ/OE Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence
• PMI-PMP Certified Project Management Professional
• IRCA Registered Lead Auditor (QMS-2015)
• IIA-CIA Certified Internal Auditor
• NAHQ-CPHQ Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality
• ASQ-CSSGB, Certified Six Sigma Green Belt
• ASQ-CQA Certified Quality Auditor
• ASQ-CQE Certified Quality Engineer
• ASQ-CSQP Certified Supplier Quality Professional