Regex Academy: An Introduction To Text Parsing Sorcery
- Some experience with programming would be helpful.
Are you ready to begin your journey as regex sorcerer? You may be asking what is regex? It is short for regular expressions, a regex is a string that allows you to create patterns that help match, manipulate and manage text.
Regex's can be found in many programming languages, command line utilities and programs such as text editors.
Regex may seem daunting because of the hieroglyphic style syntax chalk filed with seemingly double meaning and nonsense-ory.
But have no fear. This introductory class is here to bring order to chaos. We may not dive completely into the bowls of regex but I am confident that you will leave with a greater understanding and will acquire the tools to continue your studies.
This course is provided completely free. Theres nothing to lose, so what are you waiting for? Don't delay register and begin your journey today!
- Anyone who is interested in mastering text manipulation & parsing.
- Instructor Introduction and Course Overview02:42
- What Are Regular Expressions?02:58
- Regex Terminology00:33
- Regex Visualizers (Useful Software)02:35
- Literal Matches01:44
- Character Classes Part I04:44
- Character Classes Part II01:48
- Capture Groups04:31
- Word Boundaries01:08
- Examples Introduction00:35
- EXAMPLE: Phone Numbers04:47
- EXAMPLE: CSV Data00:40
- EXAMPLE: Command Line Data from 'ls'01:54
- EXAMPLE: HTML Tables Part I01:21
- EXAMPLE: HTML Tables Part II02:20
I love parsing unstructured *text-heavy* data models with a playful yet masterful display of recursion, and backtracking control. I have been a linux web & database administrator for over 9 years. While learning linux I was introduced to grep and I fell in love with with all things regex <3