Refrigeration & Air conditioning - Design and calculation
What you'll learn
- Some basic physics
- Laws of Thermodynamics
- Behavior of refrigerants and their properties
- Refrigerant pressure enthalpy chart and how to acquire property values
- Acquiring values of refrigerant properties from tools like Refprop/ CRE/ Genetron Properties
- Refrigeration cycle and its types
- Psychrometric chart
- Heat Load Calculation - Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
- Different types of refrigeration cycles and their pros & cons
- Components of a refrigeration system in details
- Explanation of terminologies like superheat, subcooling, desuperheating, etc.
- Sizing and selection of refrigeration system components
- Accessories in a refrigeration system
- Refrigeration pump fundamentals
- Sequence of Operation/Control philosophy of a refrigeration system
- Design calculations
- Basic knowledge of physics and curiosity.
This course has been designed to provide a clear knowledge of the physics, mathematical calculations and the engineering behind a Refrigeration and Air conditioning system. All the knowledge provided here are used in modern day real life applications. This course starts from basic physics and gradually moves onto design calculations and eventually sizing and selection of equipments involved in a refrigeration system.
This course content has been prepared in a way that it starts with the basic knowledge of the system and then gradually moves onto more complex topics. Thus there is no sudden information flood that will hinder the knowledge gain of the viewers. This course has been created keeping both beginners and industry professionals in mind and thus the knowledge exposure is gradual.
After the completion of this course the viewers will be confident about the design of a Refrigeration and Air conditioning system and will be able to make their own judgements and calculations regarding the efficacy of a design. The viewers might experience multiple "aaaaaah, that's how it works" moments.
The instructor is a System Design Engineer and worked in multiple companies in this industry like Frick, Lennox, Heatcraft, Zero Zone in many capacities. The instructor is well versed in the field of New Product Development and has been responsible for developing large scale refrigeration system products that are now available in the market. Like a true design engineer who should be held accountable in the field also, the instructor has been involved in installing and commissioning of various refrigeration and air conditioning systems.
Who this course is for:
- High school students
- College students
- Aspiring engineers
- Refrigeration and System engineers
- Sales engineers
- Application engineers
- Project managers
- Production engineers
- Procurement and supply chain personnel
- Project contractors
- Design team managers
- Architects and consultants
- Anyone curious about refrigeration systems
Arijit Mukherjee is an experienced Design Engineer in the field of Commercial and Industrial refrigeration systems. He is specialized in designing systems with natural refrigerants like CO2 and Ammonia, HCs and low GWP HFOs & HFCs. He is also skilled in Thermal System Design, New Product Development, Energy Analysis, Manufacturing practices, Control techniques of commercial and industrial refrigeration systems. He has worked in complex designs like Transcritical CO2 Booster refrigeration systems with parallel compression and ejectors.
Arijit Mukherjee earned his Engineering degree on the year 2010 and has been working ever since in companies like Lennox International Incorporation, Heatcraft Inc, Zero Zone Inc, Bitzer SE and Frick.
Arijit Mukherjee is the co-owner of two patents having publication # 20180274823 and 20170284715.