Meditating the 23rd Psalm
- A willingness to let go of computer science and mathematical logic for a few minutes, stroll down the mystical path and scratch the spiritual itch within.
You exist for more than just paying the bills. There is life beyond the rat race.
I teach this course to inmates in the maximum-security unit in our state prison system. I have a weekly class with full attendance and a waiting list of prisoners wanting in the class. These men find help to cope with the extreme stress of prison life.
● Respects your spiritual freedom (no brow beating).
● Uses relaxed guidelines for meditation.
● Insist that meditation must be "icing on the cake" and not a chore.
● Aims to help you connect with the "river below the ice."
● Uses quizzes.
● Provides worksheet.
● Has a journal to download if you choose.
● Offers links to external sources.
● Used the 23rd Psalm to demonstrate reflective meditation.
● Can be downloaded for offline use.
● Does NOT promise a miracle cure for the problems of life.
● Tells you not to become a weirdo to your family and coworkers.
I have been teaching spiritual values and life skills for 35 years, predominantly in a Christian setting. I have a passion to connect with people that seek to be more than just robots that pay the bills and die.
This is my second course on Udemy. The success of my first course motivates me to continue sharing my years of training and experience.
So, if you desire to "get away from it all," and take a refreshing break, then this course has something worth looking into. I'm not promising it is for you personally, but after you watch the previews, I think you will know whether there is value here for you.
Who this course is for:
- If you want something in addition to money, prestige, and computer skills; take this course. If you have a spiritual itch that needs scratching; take this course. Exploring your spiritual side does not mean you have to become a hermit and live in a cave.
- 03:03Introduction Part One
- 03:52Introduction Part Two
- 02:19Introduction: The Downloads
- 1 questionIf meditation begins to feel like work…
I have over 20 years in the Arkansas Department of Corrections as serving as a Certified Religious Assistant working up close and personal with inmates face to face, one-on-one, in groups both small and large. The prison setting provides some of the most challenging situations for applying various teachings, and yet the teachings prove valuable again and again.
Overall, I have 35 years of helping people make choices that lead to a happier life, and sometimes even grasp the deeper meaning of life. I have made a living and raised a family doing what I love: teaching, ministering, and counseling. The key to this success is a host of simple ideas that almost anyone can understand and quickly use to build a better life, if they choose.
I am delighted to bring a lifetime and a career of experience to the Udemy platform and to you.
A little personal information. I married my junior high school sweetheart and enjoy an awesome marriage to this day (40-plus years). We have raised two children and now enjoy grandchildren when our busy schedules allow. Life has had its ups and downs, victories and loses, but life is good. I live in the southern United States and love the culture of the south, the people, the fried food, the outdoors, and our own unique styling of the English language.