Introduction to CSS Development
- Recommended Courses: Getting Started as a Web Developer and Introduction to HTML.
This course covers the basics of CSS. CSS is one of the major components in web development and web design. It allows us to control how our site and/or application will look. With CSS, we can control things like the layout, colors, and font sizes.
We’ll cover the basics of CSS, including how it works, how to make changes to the visuals of your site, and even get into some semi-advanced techniques for controlling your content.
- 9 external resource files
- 5 practice exercises to help you master the basics
What You'll Learn:
- CSS Terminology
- Inline Styles
- Style Tags
- CSS Files
- Basic Selectors
- IDs and Classes
- Combination Selectors
- Pseudo Selectors
- Starter Rules
- Basic Layout: Block, Inline, Inline-Block, Float, Clear
- Advanced Layout: Absolute, Relative, Fixed
- Centering Techniques: Inline, Horizontal Margin, Vertical
- Block Formatting Context
- CSS Specificity
- And More!
Who this course is for:
- CSS beginners
- CSS intermediate developers looking to expand their knowledge of the basics.
RefactorU accelerates the learning and development of the world's aspiring creatives, makers, and technologists. RefactorU empowers individuals to reinvent themselves to meet the needs of today's technology-driven economy while building lifelong professional networks for the future.
RefactorU offers courses in full-stack web application development, data science, and other 21st century skills.