Advanced Backend Web Development
- Introduction to Node.js Development
- Advanced Node.js Development
Finally, we’ll discuss Sockets. Sockets are a way for us to open a constant connection between the server and the client. Normally when you make a request, the request goes up and then comes down with the data. With a socket, that request goes up and stays open, allowing the server to send data whenever it wants and the client to send data whenever it wants.
So, we can make real time applications using sockets and we’ll take a look at how to implement a very simple system using socket IO.
- 16 videos with over 50 minutes of lectures and explanations.
- 6 external resource files.
- 1 exercise to help you master advanced backend web development concepts.
What You'll Learn:
- Introduction to Grunt
- Setting up Grunt with css-min
- Uglify JS files
- Setting up custom tasks
- Watching files
- Basics of CoffeeScript
- If Statements
- Comments, Strings, and Interpolation
- Introduction to Sockets
- Scaffolding the project
- Setting up Sockets
- Communicating between connections
- Additional Resources
- And More!
Who this course is for:
- Advanced Web Developers
RefactorU accelerates the learning and development of the world's aspiring creatives, makers, and technologists. RefactorU empowers individuals to reinvent themselves to meet the needs of today's technology-driven economy while building lifelong professional networks for the future.
RefactorU offers courses in full-stack web application development, data science, and other 21st century skills.