Refactoring to Design Patterns by Example
What you'll learn
- How to apply design patterns while refactoring an existing application
- How to contain complexity of the business domain while performing small refactoring and redesign steps
- Basic understanding of refactoring
- Basic working knowledge of design patterns
- Knowing C# is a plus
This course begins with examination of a realistic application, which is poorly factored and doesn't incorporate design patterns. The demo application converts text into subtitles for videos, which makes it quite useful in practice. Yet, it is nearly impossible to maintain and develop this application further, due to its poor structure and design.
That is the point at which the course begins. As demonstration after demonstration will unfold, we will refactor this entire application, one function and one class at a time. During refactoring, many design patterns will fit into place almost without effort. By the end of the course, you will know how code refactoring and design patterns - one coding practice and one design practice - can operate together and help each other create great design.
Who this course is for:
- Hands-on programmers who are struggling to keep their source code clean and extensible
- Programmers who wish to apply design patterns without causing more harm than good
- All those who wish to improve their object-oriented programming and design skills
Zoran is Principal consultant at Coding Helmet Consultancy, speaker and author of 100+ articles, and independent trainer on .NET technology stack. You can find him speaking at conferences and user groups, promoting object-oriented development style, clean coding practices and techniques that improve longevity of complex business applications. Since 2014, Zoran is constantly publishing video courses, explaining object-oriented modeling and design as the central element of application design and relating it to other development aspects, such as persistence, UI and system integration.