Reduce Rework For Your Team
- No prior knowledge is required prior to this course
Successful projects and teams start with planning.
Many engineers plan the project well, having a good understanding of the time cost and quality required for each task, but do not think about how the team will work together. It can come as a rude shock, when your perfect project plan is blown out of the water because of team conflict. That’s what this training course will help you with…how to plan your team for success.
Planning for team success will help prevent rework, increase profit margins and will enable more effective conflict management.
The course will focus on setting a good vision for your team, writing individual and team objectives, identification and elimination of waste, and creating great processes that achieve objectives and add value for both your internal and external customers.
The course duration is 1 hour. Each lecture has a workbook and a template to support you as you put these principles into practice.
Who this course is for:
- Managers who are not sure how to reduce rework, and are losing profit as a result, will benefit from the skills learnt to create a good vision and create great processes.
- New managers or those who are preparing to step into a new role
- Project managers about the commence a new project
- 02:18Course overview.
- 07:22How to create and communicate your project vision.
- 04:32How to set short and long term goals.
- 09:44How to identify and eliminate waste in your process.
- 09:21How to design efficient process flow
- 04:44How to 5S your work area
- 05:59Create efficient processes with the SIPOCR
- 03:10Take action to get the basics right
Ross Blaikie has been involved in Organisational Development (OD) and Learning and Development (L&D) since 2002 and has experience in delivering both technical and non-technical projects, attaining his Six Sigma Black Belt accreditation in 2005.
Prior to working in OD and L&D, Ross started his career as a mechanical engineer. From this experience, Ross brings a methodical approach to all his work.
Ross has worked for a diverse range of organisations both in Australia and the Middle East, including BHPBilliton, AECOM Australia, AECOM Middle East, Engineers Australia, Northern Beaches Credit Union, CB&I, Commonwealth Bank, Pandora, and WSP Parsons Brinkerhoff.
Passionate about helping people learn and gain greater satisfaction from their job, Ross helps organisations grow through improved communication and process improvement.
Qualifications and Certifications
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Commerce (major Human Resource Management)
- Master of Human Resource Management (Team Development)
- Six Sigma Black Belt