Red Hat Enterprise Linux Technical Overview
- There are no formal prerequisites for this course; however, previous operating system administration experience will be very beneficial.
- This course is designed for students looking to begin their study towards becoming a full time Linux Administrator.
- Access to the operating system is not required but would be helpful to reference alongside this video series.
In this official Red Hat® training course, Steve Bonneville, a technical curriculum architect for Red Hat Training, will teach students the basics of Linux® and demonstrate basic practical techniques of Linux use and system administration tasks for professionals new to the operating system.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux gives you the tools you need to modernize your infrastructure, boost efficiency through standardization and virtualization, and ultimately prepare your datacenter for an open, hybrid cloud IT architecture.
After attending this course, students will have a basic understanding of the Linux operating system. Short lectures and demonstrations will cover distribution, shell, kernel, userspace, file hierarchy, permissions, and more. This course will prepare students for further study of the core system administration tasks required to test for the Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) exam.
Who this course is for:
- IT leaders, administrators, engineers, architects, and anyone else seeking a high-level understanding of Linux.
- This course is designed for professionals new to the Linux operating system to prepare for further study.
Red Hat Training and Certification closes the gap between what you need and what you know. Whether you need to optimize existing systems or design new solutions, deepen expertise or discover new technologies, we’ll help you plan and navigate the journey. No one has more experience. From training through certification, we equip you for success so you can deliver business impact.