Records and Health Information Management
What you'll learn
- Process patient admission and discharge documents
- Enter, record, store, and maintain information, such as demographics characteristics, history and extent of disease, diagnostic procedures, or treatments in the Electronic Medical Record
- Understand the terminology and concepts related to third-party reimbursement
- Use computer hardware and software, including applications, to enter data and process information using medical record (EMR) software
- A desire to learn
This course was created for those looking to advance their career or to start a new career in the healthcare industry. This course will also refresh the essential knowledge needed to stay up to date in a fact-paced field, and to prepare to sit for the industry standard certification exam. If you ever wanted to learn more about Electronic Medical Records look no further!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone seeking a new job skill or to refresh or refine existing healthcare knowledge
Valerie is an Education Professional Consultant with over 15 years of Business and Healthcare Management experience. Valerie has a diverse background that includes various leadership, program oversight, curriculum development, accreditation, compliance, contracts in higher education. She has served as Chief Executive Officer for the Council on Occupational Education for a post-secondary institution and served as the Campus President for a post-secondary institution. Valerie has successfully taught Medical and Business courses for over 10 years.
Valerie has successfully implemented an Business Administration, Electronic Health Records and Medical Assisting program for various post-secondary institutions and has written curriculum for brick and mortar programs as well as distance education programs. Valerie has a vast experience with educational compliance and has guided institutions through physical and financial growth. She is an innovator at heart and in experience.
Valerie is the driving force in the transformation of educational programs that enrich the student learning experience and strengthen communities’ ties. She has led an impressive turnaround of an institution facing several challenges. Leveraging her strong business, finance, and operational experience.
Education & Credentials
Ph.D.- ABD, (Doctor of Health Admin) Capella University, 2014
M.B.A., University of Phoenix, 2004
B.A., Oklahoma City University, 2000
Diploma., Medical Assistant – Galen College of Medical & Dental Assisting, 1991
Certificate., Certified Electronic Health Records Specialist, National Healthcare Association, 2012