- 6.5 hours on-demand video
- 9 articles
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Avoid the errors bands make that can cause your videos, music, or even entire band to fail
- Make sure your music gets to your fans – learn how to create a budget for your entire album, recording to release
- Create a roadmap for your whole album, from start to finish
- Learn how to spend wisely: where to save and where to invest
- Learn how to protect your music and make sure you get paid for streams and other uses of your songs
- Make sure you have the right agreements in place to protect yourself and your music
- Learn how to make a top-notch recording and what pitfalls to avoid
- Create an album that sounds great and boosts your band's position in the industry
- Music that you plan to release either written or being written
- Willingness to plan, organise, and execute recording, releasing, and marketing your music
You don't need to be a recording engineer or industry expert. You don't even need a lot of money. You just need a solid, executable plan that will take you from preparing to record, all the way to a successful album release. Think like the pros when it comes to recording and releasing your album. Know what to do before and after recording your album.
This course IS NOT meant to teach you the skills you need to engineer your recording (ex. recording, mixing, and mastering). There are definitely tips included in this course to point you in the right direction. There are plenty of how-to courses out there that teach you the specific ins and outs of the recording process, but they completely miss out on what to do before and after recording. This course fills in those missing pieces.
Producer and studio owner, James Scott, has joined with industry veteran Draven Grey and artist/promoter Katrin Brunier to show you a vital element about recording that is missing from most other courses -- the essentials of planning, organising, recording, releasing, and marketing an album, no matter your budget.
The only course anywhere covering the essentials of making your recording a success on any budget
Over 6.5 hours of step-by-step guidance to make your album a success
Over 70 Lectures and Articles!
3 instructors highly experienced in what it takes to record and release a professional album and start building your music career
If you want to record and successfully release a professional sounding album, even if you think you don't have enough money to, then this course is for you.
This course is backed by the combined experience of running recording studios, coaching bands across the world, and helping countless artists release their music. We give you exactly what you need to budget, plan, record, and successfully release your album without the headaches of overspending, no one caring, or losing creative control.
Besides the above list of "What You'll Learn," here are other things you'll learn in this course:
Get you and your band ready to record
The tools you need to make the right decisions when recording and avoid the errors that so many bands make
The keys to using the recording process to make friends in the industry and launch a successful career in music
How bands get themselves blacklisted by the industry without even realising it
How to use the latest developments in the music industry to your advantage
Start reframing how you think about recording and releasing an album, follow along as we help you budget and plan recording and releasing your album, and start moving towards a truly successful album release.
See you on the inside!
James has helped me with many aspects of my business. The results and value for money I have gained have been consistently excellent. He is always helpful and full of useful ideas. - Pete Hartley, Performer, Teacher, Recording Artist, Birmingham, UK
The work I have done with James is considered by my fans to be the best material I have released to date. I was so thrilled with the product and ease of the recording process that we expanded the project to an EP - TyLean
What can I say about James Scott? He's a perfectionist with an excellent ear for engineering, a talented musician and producer. He's also extremely efficient at what he does. On top of all that, he's an awesome guy that is always willing to help. In other words, he's an all-round sterling gent! - Lord Lav, Rapper, Producer, Turntablist and Hip Hop Artist, Southampton, UK
I was impressed with James' knowledge and expertise, especially when I presented him with some complex technical problems to overcome. I was very pleased with the final result and hope to work with James again in the future. - Eve Williams, Songwriter, Recording Artist, Teacher, Belfast, UK
- Those who want their music to stand out from the crowd, but don't know where to start
- Those who don't think they have the money needed to record and release a professional album
- Those who want easy to follow steps for planning, budgeting, recording, releasing, and marketing an album
- Those who want to be taken seriously in a crowded music industry