You’ve made a wise decision to jump into the audiobook market and here’s an overview of what it takes to record an audiobook and what you’ll learn in this course.
The overview of process of recording an audiobook involves these steps:
1. Obtain a laptop on which you have Audacity or GarageBand installed
2. Obtain a microphone, pop screen, and noise deadening materials to create an impromptu “recording studio”
3. Watch our videos (in this course!) on how to set up Audacity or GarageBand to record your audio
4. Record a sample of the audio—2 to 3 minutes is fine 5. Find an audio engineer (Fiverr, Upwork, a friend, or our company Gutenberg Reloaded); you’ll use them to engineer your audio files
6. Send that sample audio to your engineer to make sure everything sounds OK
7. Record the rest of your book and send it to the engineer for engineering
8. Modify your book cover to a square design (instead of the regular rectangle design) again via Fiverr, Upwork, or our company
9. Upload the audiobook and cover to the Audiobook Creation Exchange, wait 10-14 business days, and then your book will be on sale on Amazon, Audible, and iTunes!
This course will go into detail on each one of these steps and
give you the information you need to get quality audio recorded
without spending a fortune on expensive recording equipment.
Its true—you can get great audio from a fairly simple setup and
narrate your own book!