Real World English Idioms
- 6 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 4 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- understand and use 100 common English phrases
- Use English language that is used by native speakers, not textbooks
- communicate more easily with native English speakers
- sound more natural when speaking English
- Students should have at least an intermediate level of conversational English
Welcome to Real World English Idioms!
This course teaches 100 phrases that will help you when communicating with native English speakers.
Even English language learners who have great grammar and vocabulary struggle when it comes to communicating with native (British, North American, and Australian) speakers. It's partly because native English speakers use a lot of language that isn't often taught in schools and in textbooks.
Did you know that, 'break a leg' means good luck? With this phrase, you can't understand what it means by looking at the words alone - the meaning is totally different!
The English language is full of idiomatic phrases which is why it can be difficult, even for people with a high-level of English to understand native English speakers' everyday speech.
In this course you will learn 100 English idioms that are commonly used by British, North American, and Australian Speakers every day.
In each video lesson you will learn 4 English idioms. Each idiom is presented and shown with two examples; one in everyday speech and the other in writing. Then there 16 questions for you to practice using each idiom - these are part of each video lesson. You can record your answers on the downloadable answer sheet and in the grade book (which will calculate your score) if you like.
The course is divided into 6 sections and at the end of each section is a mini quiz to test your understanding of the phrases you've learned.
Finally, I've included an ebook of all phrases covered in the course which you can download and keep!
Learning these idioms will help you speak more naturally and better understand native English speakers.
So what are you waiting for? Join Real World English Idioms and start speaking English with the world!
- English language learners who want to increase their English language vocabulary
- English language learners who need to communicate with native English speakers
- English language learners who want to understand the language used in English-language TV shows and moview