Real Life Coding: Developing Survey Application
What you'll learn
- Design Database to support your application
- Build KnockoutJS Model to represent multiple View Objects
- Build UI that communicates with Web API and jQuery
- Visualize your data with Google Visualization Charts library
- Develop MVC based Controllers and Views to support requirements
- Develop WebForms Admin interface to support data entry
- Generate QR codes using your data
- Expand and sharpen your coding skills
- Visual Studio 2012 or above (including free express editions)
- SQL Server Express (free) and SQL Management Studio 2012 or any higher version
This course will take you through the steps necessary to build a useful, real life web application based on requirements from an actual marketing department. Watch as the web developer in this video series is given the task of creating survey functionality to be used on a web site and poll participants via email marketing blasts. Additionally this developer must collect real time feedback from attendees at live events.
Learn which technologies should be used and how each requirement should be fulfilled. Sit next to the developer and see how it's all put together. This course is not about teaching a specific language or technology, but rather it demonstrates how to use several technologies and programming tools together to accomplish the given goals.
By watching this video series you will benefit by learning how to code and tie different layers of application together in an efficient way. This course will help expand your web development skills and will provide you with ideas to help you approach future projects with confidence.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone with some coding experience who is interested in learning web development.
- Anyone with interest in web programming with free Microsoft technologies.
- Anyone interested in front-end coding using KnockoutJS and jQuery.
- It may be too challenging for “just starting” coders.
I have over 15 years of experience developing web applications. I began my career working for multinational consulting company where I coded enterprise level projects using Java and later Microsoft.NET. I worked in financial, e-commerce and publishing industries.
At the same time, I decided to run my own small development shop called MolinaBird Design Studio and to build web and mobile applications for local business community.
I have a strong background in business analysis and application development.
In my free time I have always enjoyed sharing my knowledge and my “hands on” experience with others.