What you'll learn
- Perform basic real estate market research on a target neighborhood with residential or small multi family properties..
- Become familiar with economic factors that affect housing price.
- Use multiple on line and in person sources to find real estate.
- You should be able to use a computer at a beginner level
- You should have a basic knowledge of Excel
Welcome to Real Estate Market Research Basics! This course will cover practical steps in going out to perform market research on a prospective real estate investment. You should take this course if you are a first time investor, and want to increase your knowledge on your local neighborhood. The course will cover the financial components of a mortgage, what to consider before purchasing a property, and tools you can use to help increase your market knowledge.
Who this course is for:
- Beginners who wants to invest in real estate.
- Those who learn by doing!
My name is Sasha and I graduated from UC Berkeley with a degree in Economics and have worked in real estate for most of my professional career. My interest in real estate started young - I was inspired by my family's personal investments. I had the good fortune of landing myself at UC Berkeley, where I would go on to intern for a real estate developer during the economic crash of 2009 performing basic market research and investment analysis. During my time at UC Berkeley, I educated myself on the various parts that caused the 2009 crash within real estate and real estate finance coursework. My work experience also includes transaction coordination at a commercial real estate brokerage, and finding land for large scale solar farms all over the United States.