Real Estate · Home Buying · The Offer To Purchase Contract
What you'll learn
- You will learn how to create and review your real estate offer to purchase contract.
- You will learn when it is optimum to use an "Addendum" to your real estate contract.
- You will learn when it is optimum to use an "Amendment" to your real estate contract.
- You will learn when it is optimum to use an "Escalation Clause" to your real estate contract.
- You will learn how to incorporate the essential elements that will protect you and present well in your offer to purchase real estate contract.
- You will learn how to hold a conversation of comprehension with your real estate agent, broker, attorney or other representation for your upcoming home purchase.
- You will learn valuable real estate contract preparation terminology.
- There are no course requirements or prerequisites.
- This course content is created for beginner, intermediate and/or advanced level property buyers.
Thanks so much for registering for this course · Real Estate · Understanding The Real Estate Offer Contract · New · Experienced · The ABC's · Writing A Great Real Estate Contract For The Home You've Got Your Eyes On.
I am thrilled you are joining me and am delighted to share my insight and overview of precisely those elements you should be thinking about as you move forward with making an offer on that property that has set your heart on fire. (smile)
Whether it is a primary residence, a second home or an investment property, a real estate offer contract will be involved.
I have a friend who's Dad purchased their first home, back in 1932, by writing the offer of purchase contract on a paper napkin at a cocktail party!
Although it may not have been a "formal" real estate offer contract in the truest sense...it was still an offer...signed by the buyer...signed by the seller...and presented to a closing attorney...et voila!
The home was theirs...keys in hand.
Of course times have changed...however, that said, it's still possible to write your purchase contract offer on a napkin or piece of paper...as long as all of the elements of the contract are covered, agreed upon and signed by all parties, both the buyer(s) and seller(s).
I do not recommend you pursue this option with your home purchase in this manner.
Mostly because, it's better to use a traditional contract (created by real estate attorneys) that already include the language and clauses you will need for a smooth real estate transaction, closing and path to getting your keys.
As your instructor with an undergraduate degree in economics (BA Economics), a graduate degree in finance (MBA Finance)and over 40+ years experience in real estate, investing, finance and banking you will receive clarity, encouragement, direction and support during this course to assure you understand the real estate purchase contract, addendums, amendments, disclosures, real estate contract terminology and other considerations.
Throughout the course after each lecture or upon completion, feel free to contact me should you wish to expand our discussion for a specific topic...my response to your questions shall be swift.
Because...yes...contrary to popular opinion...I do in fact sleep with my iPhone.
So on that note...
Let's get started...
Who this course is for:
- First-time home buyers
- Seasoned home buyers
- Primary residence home buyers
- Second home/vacation property home buyers
- Investment property home buyers
New Paltz University (New York) B.A. Economics, Class of '79 · Golden Gate University (California) Masters Degree Finance, MBA, Class of '88 · Entrepreneur · Consultant · Publisher · Author · Speechwriter · Lecturer · Artist · Photographer · Mentor · Amherst College Parent Class of '07 · Vassar College Parent Class of '10 · Indie Music · Sports TV · French Cafés · Croissants · Cognac XO · Semi-Retired In France Class of '18 · Life Near The Coast
Personal Finance · Personal Growth · Personal Development · Investing · Real Estate · Entrepreneurship · Life Changes
Teaching, mentoring and offering support to my clients and students around the globe is an absolute joy and pleasure.