Real Analysis part 4
What you'll learn
- The Real Analysis is a very important and vast branch of Mathematics, applied in Higher Studies, and Riemann Stieltjes Integral is one of its content
- This course serves as an invaluable tool in unifying equivalent forms of statistical theorems that apply to discrete and continous probability.
- It also serves as an instructive and useful precursor of the Lebesgue Integral.
- Students will learn that Riemann sums give us the systematic way to find the area of a curved surface when we know the mathematical function for that curve.
- The only pre-requisite is a knowledge of Calculus at high school level so that students of science and engineering who want deeper understanding of calculus or want to pursue subjects such as Theoretical Physics, Computational complexity, Statistics etc. would benefit from this course.
Riemann Stieltjes Integral is a generalization of the Riemann Integral, named after Bernhard Riemann and Thomas Joannes Stieltjes. It serves as an instructive and useful precursor of the Lebesgue Integral. and an invaluable tool in unifying equivalent forms of statistical theorems that apply to discrete and continuous probability.
The definition of Riemann Stieltjes Integral uses a sequence of partitions P of the given interval [a,b].The integral, the, is defined to be the limit, as the norm (the length of the longest sub interval) of the partitions
The course introduces the definition and existence of the Riemann Stieltjes integral including the concepts of the following:
Common Refinement of a partition , Upper Riemann and Lower Riemann sum, Riemann Sum, Properties of Riemann Stieltjes Integral, Integration and Differentiation, The Fundamental Theorem Of Calculus,Integration Of Vector Valued Functions,
Rectifiable Curves,that also covers the Expected Theorems and Solved Examples based above contents.
This course also describes the various identities of Riemann Stieltjes integral.
Overall , every thing has been covered with lots of concepts and solved examples , assignments, exercises and almost all the expected theorems.
For any queries related to the course, I would be happy to assist you. Just ping me via Inbox. You will get a course completion certificate after finishing the course.
Who this course is for:
- BSc. Graduates , Masters in Sciences( Mathematics), CSIR UGC NET and other Entrances Exams.
Jaswinder kaur is passionate in teaching mathematics. She started by posting free mathematics tutorials in her YouTube channel. She is graduate in B.Sc in Physics, Maths and Computer Science and Master in Mathematics. She loved to teach via scratch.
Her teachings mugs up the concepts with figures and graphical representation which you will see in the course.