Academic Reading Comprehension and Note-taking That Work!
What you'll learn
- Understand what you're reading while you read it
- Take effective notes on what you read (no highlighting necessary!)
- Remember what you've read after you read it
- You should have a writing utensil.
- You should be able to print out course PDFs to complete the strategy step exercises.
- You should have notebook paper if you don't want to use the course PDFs provided to complete the strategy step exercises .
- You should have an open and willing mindset to learn something that's going to serve you for a lifetime!
If you have to read dense text for an academic class, then this course is for you! You will learn how to understand what you read while you read it and remember it long after, too. And no more copying from the textbook for note-taking (and forgetting that, too)--because you'll also learn how to take effective notes. Ideal for students who are in middle school, high school, college, and graduate school.
Who this course is for:
- Middle school, high school, and college students
- Parents of middle and high school students
- Anyone who wants to be able to read, truly absorb, and remember nonfiction text
- Anyone who wants to be able to take effective notes on nonfiction text
Leslie Quigless is a master reading, academic writing, creative writing, and executive functioning trainer who has taught children and adults in New York, Brazil, Atlanta, and, most recently, within Emory University's Continuing Education program. She received a journalism degree from UNC-Chapel Hill and holds two master-level degrees in education from New York University and Harvard University. Leslie is a certified life coach and is the founder of Now I Get It! Tutoring Services and the Atlanta Young Writers Institute.