Read Hebrew From SCRATCH in 1 HOUR
What you'll learn
- (1) Identify all the characters in the Hebrew alphabet
- (2) Identify the 14 most common Hebrew vowels
- (3) Read Hebrew texts with vowels
- (4) Read in Hebrew and be able to translate to English at least 20 new useful words
- Students need to be fluent in English.
- NO prior Hebrew knowledge is assumed.
This course is intended for English speakers with no prior knowledge in Hebrew
who would like to be able to read Hebrew texts with vowels very quickly.
In less than an hour you will be able to:
1) Identify all the characters in the Hebrew alphabet
2) Identify and use the 14 most common Hebrew vowels
3) Read Hebrew texts such as the Bible, books and newspapers
This is a basic reading course which covers the main rules and allows you to start reading very quickly.
It does NOT cover the many exceptions and esoteric vowels which are rarely used.
Each lesson contains:
1) A 10 minute long video lecture
2) A handout with a visual summary of all the new letters and vowels
3) A quiz to allow you to assess your new knowledge
Who this course is for:
- Busy people who have very little time to spend,
- but still would like to be able to read Hebrew texts from scratch.
I'm an Israeli with love and passion for the Hebrew language.
I have a Master in Education (M.Ed.) specializing in Instructional Design which is the art and science of creating effective and efficient learning experiences.
Since 2009 I have been teaching Hebrew to MIT students going to Israel for summer internships and this course is based on the lessons I learned doing so.