Reactive Stack: Fully reactive real-time web application
What you'll learn
- How to create your own real-time reactive web application
- Why the Reactive Stack can be scaled up as needed
- What are Pub/Sub and Observer patterns and why they are not the same thing
- How to apply the Observer pattern to the entire stack to make it fully reactive
- A computer (Windows, Mac, or Linux)
- Basic software development skills
- Basic web application development skills
- Basic understanding of software design patterns
The Reactive Stack course is intended for web developers who want to create fully reactive real-time web applications but are unhappy with the vendor lock-in that comes with some of the most popular frameworks for that task.
In this course, I will show you how to implement a real-time reactive web application using frameworks, databases and programming languages of your choice and how to easily substitute any part of your stack with another alternative without common headaches that come with such a task.
The goal of this course is to show a fully generic solution, completely independent of any language, database or framework.
How much time will I need to complete the course?
That depends on two factors:
(1) Your background: Someone familiar with many web development concepts covered may be able to complete the course in a shorter time compared to someone who is just starting with web development, for example.
(2) The effort you put in: If you simply watch the videos, you may finish the course in 1 day. However, merely watching the videos is not enough. You need to experiment with the code you see in the videos and in github. The more you train with it, the better you will become.
Depending on the two factors mentioned above, students spend from a few days to two weeks to complete the course, most spending one week.
What programming language is used in the course?
I will be using NodeJS in this course. However, the goal of the course is to show a fully generic solution, completely independent of the language and frameworks used.
Will I get support if I get stuck?
Yes. Feel free to drop a question in the Q&A, and I, or my teaching assistant, will answer your questions within the same day.
What IDE/editor is used in the course?
I use WebStorm in the course. However, you can use your favorite IDE.
Does the course expire?
No. Once you buy the course, it's yours. I will update the content as needed, and all the updates come to you for free.
Who this course is for:
- Web Application Developers
- Full Stack Developers
- Software Engineers
I'm Predrag, a Senior Software Engineer living in Aachen, Germany.
I have a Computer Science degree from University of Maryland and a Master of Science degree from RWTH Aachen University.
I'm a long time Java developer turned Node.js developer focused on Real-Time Web solutions.
I'm also interested in logic and rational thinking, and have 2 published books in my native language on those topics.
I very much enjoy riding my Triumph Thunderbird 1600.
I'm looking forward to seeing you in one of my courses!