Using TypeScript with React
What you'll learn
- Basic and advanced features of TypeScript
- Using TypeScript in React projects
- Writing types for React patterns (higher order components, render props, etc)
- How to integrate TypeScript into a Create React App with Redux
- How to build a NextJS web app which uses the GraphQL API using TypeScript
- Using types provided by third-party packages and creating custom type definitions
- Using React with TypeScript in general
- Experience with React
- Some experience with NextJS
What is this course about?
Nowadays, TypeScript and React are extremely popular in the world of front end, and many companies use them to develop their web apps. Therefore, being able to build React apps using TypeScript is quite a valuable skill in 2020. This course will teach you the TypeScript skills that are necessary to start building React apps with confidence.
You’ll learn how to describe types for the function and class components, use higher order components and render props patterns for code reuse, import third-party libraries, their types, and create custom types for them if necessary.
This course is most suited to those who have worked on React applications in the past and now want to learn TypeScript.
You'll learn how to use TypeScript to build a React web application.
What are we going to build?
We'll build an example Create React App project with TypeScript and Redux. The focus of this project is to show how to use TypeScript with Redux while developing a simple web app.
We’ll build a task list app called "Task Mate" using the Next.js framework and Apollo GraphQL libraries. You’ll learn how to:
create and use a higher order components
create types for GraphQL queries and mutations and use them
So, ready to broaden your skills in front end? If so, then take this course and let’s start coding!
Who this course is for:
- People who have worked on React applications in the past and now want to learn how to integrate TypeScript into React projects.
I’ve been interested in programming since my childhood, because it gave me freedom to build something with which people can interact, and it didn’t require a big investment. All I needed was a computer and a C++ teach-myself book. This started my software development journey.
After school, I received a Computer Science diploma from Intercollege, Larnaca, and I started my career in web development in 2009. Thus far in my career, I’ve worked in Ciklum, Booking, Wix, and others. Also I've been working as a freelancer.
For quite some time I wanted to start creating online courses to share my knowledge professionally. Today I'm doing my best to achieve this goal.