React Quick Start: A Fast Start including React Hooks
What you'll learn
- Create a React application from scratch
- Use React's JSX syntax
- Create React components
- Communicate between components
- Style React components with CSS in JS, CSS classes, CSS modules, and SASS
- Display images in React components
- Bind to data in React components
- Handle user input with events
- Manage component state with the useState() hook
- Access API data with the useEffect() hook
- Use React Router to define routes and pages (URLs)
- Link to routes/pages
- Access URL query/search parameters
- Define and use route parameters
- A basic understanding of CSS is recommended but is not required.
A course doesn't have to be long to be effective. This course skips over the boring introductions and summaries and quickly demonstrates, in code, how to create React applications. This is a particularly helpful format for experienced developers who are wanting to learn React. I am an experienced video course author with more than 25 years of software engineering experience and 10 years of experience creating technical, front-end development learning content.
This course begins by teaching you how to create a new React application from scratch using create-react-app, including an introduction to how the plumbing of how a React app is bootstrapped. You'll learn what react is, how it uses ReactDOM to efficiently render content, and the important parts of React's unique JSX syntax.
In addition, you'll learn how to:
Create your own React components
Style your components with css, css modules, and SASS
Display data and images in your components
Share data across components
Manage component state (data which changes over time) with the useState() hook
Respond to user events like mouse clicks
Define and link to URLs, routes and pages
Use URL Query and Route Parameters
Share state (data) across multiple components
Access API data with the fetch() and React's useEffect() hook
You'll learn all this and more as we build an e-commerce website that's both interesting and relevant to modern web development. The application built can be accessed on Github and the Github repo contains a checkpoint for each video in the course, so you can easily explore the application at any given point in the course.
Who this course is for:
- This is a FAST-paced course intended for developers who are brand new to React.
- You don't need to be an expert developer to learn React from this course, but brand new developers may find it too fast-paced.
- Experienced developers will love the fast pace and focus on quick delivery of the most critical information.
- Non-developers and brand new developers may find this course too fast paced.
25+ years as a full-stack software developer.
10+ years as a front-end developer.
10+ years as a professional video course author.
Hi, I'm Jim Cooper and I'm thrilled to be able to share my passion for front-end development tech with you. I have been publishing video course content on major video training platforms for more than 10 years now and I hope that you'll find that has allowed me to create high-quality content that gets quickly straight to the point and teaches in a relatable and easy to follow way.
Check out my courses and