React Project for Beginners: Building a Todo List App
What you'll learn
- Create a React project from scratch
- How React concepts are applied to a real-life project
- Use functional components, useState, and props to create a todo list app
- Design a React project and break it down into components, state, and props
- HTML, CSS, and JS are prerequisites for this course. Knowledge about the basics of React is preferred but don’t worry, we’ll revise everything.
This course will guide you on how to start a React project from scratch. We will cover everything from planning and designing the project to coding it out using HTML, CSS, and React from scratch.
While making our todo list, we will cover the following topics:
How to use CodeSandbox for faster development
How to structure a React project
How to create functional components
How to add state using useState
How to use props and pass props across multiple levels
How to reuse components and its benefits
How to create nested components
After taking this course, you will have a good understanding of how to create a React project from scratch and how different React concepts can be applied in real-life projects. By the end you’ll also have a todo list application which you can show off to your friends!
This course is perfect if you want to get started with React or have watched a few tutorials and want to understand how to apply the concepts you've learnt into an actual project.
This course also includes a class project which you can complete once you are done with the course. This will help strengthen your concepts and you can share what you have made with the community!
Who this course is for:
- Beginner React developers who want to apply React concepts to a real-life project
Hi! I'm Laksh. I'm a software engineer with 4 years of experience in full-stack development in technologies such as React, Node.js, Python, and many more.
I did my bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering at NTU, Singapore where I had the opportunity to work on many full-stack projects through my internships and programs such as GSoC.
I love to code and have been coding for almost the past 10 years. I decided to make lessons to pass on the knowledge that I'm grateful to have gained in my coding journey.