React Native: Tips, Tricks, and Techniques
What you'll learn
- Difference between “Smart” and “Dumb” components and when to use them
- Abstraction of logic using higher order components (HOC)
- Separation of concerns and useful techniques about it
- Tips for styling, using colors, fonts and metrics
- Tips on upgrading React Native version
- Tips on a feature flags approach to deployment
- Tips on using tools, scripts and repos for easy development.
- Some experience with React Native and web development is required.
Mobile application development has seen a bit of a surge lately with the advent of multi-platform frameworks like React Native.
This course helps to provide you with valuable tips and tricks to help make your development process easier, and less tedious. You will find tips about reusable logic with Higher Order Components, tips for better upgrading, tips on styling and separation of concerns. You will be getting some useful & cool tips on using tools for faster React Native development, such as reactotron, react-native-debugger and making your own logger for debugging and analytics. Finally, some tips and useful scripts you can use, and a nice way to use feature flags for your application.
By the end of this course, you would have added useful skills to your arsenal, a plethora of valuable tips and tricks to make your development process with React Native more effective and efficient.
About the Author
Experienced iOS and macOS Developer using React Native, Swift, Objective-C. Enjoys using Clojure and Ruby. He enjoys working with React Native and works with it on a regular basis. As an experienced React Native developer, Pavlos Vinieratos brings hands-on working experience to this course that helps viewers to get effective and practical guidance from a developers point of view.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for mobile developers who have some experience with React Native, and are interested in learning tips, tricks, and techniques to build better and more reliable mobile apps with React native.
Packt has been committed to developer learning since 2004. A lot has changed in software since then - but Packt has remained responsive to these changes, continuing to look forward at the trends and tools defining the way we work and live. And how to put them to work.
With an extensive library of content - more than 4000 books and video courses -Packt's mission is to help developers stay relevant in a rapidly changing world. From new web frameworks and programming languages, to cutting edge data analytics, and DevOps, Packt takes software professionals in every field to what's important to them now.
From skills that will help you to develop and future proof your career to immediate solutions to every day tech challenges, Packt is a go-to resource to make you a better, smarter developer.
Packt Udemy courses continue this tradition, bringing you comprehensive yet concise video courses straight from the experts.