React Native: Tips, Tricks, and Techniques
What you'll learn
- Difference between “Smart” and “Dumb” components and when to use them
- Abstraction of logic using higher order components (HOC)
- Separation of concerns and useful techniques about it
- Tips for styling, using colors, fonts and metrics
- Tips on upgrading React Native version
- Tips on a feature flags approach to deployment
- Tips on using tools, scripts and repos for easy development.
- Some experience with React Native and web development is required.
Mobile application development has seen a bit of a surge lately with the advent of multi-platform frameworks like React Native.
This course helps to provide you with valuable tips and tricks to help make your development process easier, and less tedious. You will find tips about reusable logic with Higher Order Components, tips for better upgrading, tips on styling and separation of concerns. You will be getting some useful & cool tips on using tools for faster React Native development, such as reactotron, react-native-debugger and making your own logger for debugging and analytics. Finally, some tips and useful scripts you can use, and a nice way to use feature flags for your application.
By the end of this course, you would have added useful skills to your arsenal, a plethora of valuable tips and tricks to make your development process with React Native more effective and efficient.
About the Author
Experienced iOS and macOS Developer using React Native, Swift, Objective-C. Enjoys using Clojure and Ruby. He enjoys working with React Native and works with it on a regular basis. As an experienced React Native developer, Pavlos Vinieratos brings hands-on working experience to this course that helps viewers to get effective and practical guidance from a developers point of view.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for mobile developers who have some experience with React Native, and are interested in learning tips, tricks, and techniques to build better and more reliable mobile apps with React native.
Packt are an established, trusted, and innovative global technical learning publisher, founded in Birmingham, UK with over eighteen years experience delivering rich premium content from ground-breaking authors and lecturers on a wide range of emerging and established technologies for professional development.
Packt’s purpose is to help technology professionals advance their knowledge and support the growth of new technologies by publishing vital user focused knowledge-based content faster than any other tech publisher, with a growing library of over 9,000 titles, in book, e-book, audio and video learning formats, our multimedia content is valued as a vital learning tool and offers exceptional support for the development of technology knowledge.
We publish on topics that are at the very cutting edge of technology, helping IT professionals learn about the newest tools and frameworks in a way that suits them.