React Hooks and Context (with React-Redux migration guide)
React Hooks are the biggest fundamental change to React since React Fiber in Late 2017.
Previous tutorials with Redux and older patterns are becoming obsolete. Stay competitive and learn the current and future version of React.
I will show you how to migrate from React-Redux to React hooks without changing any of your Redux Code
What this course will cover?
We will begin with a detailed explanation about each of the major hooks. Then once we understand the hooks at a deep level we will begin coding.
I will give a detailed explanation of React hooks then we will go over how to integrate React Hooks into existing React - Redux projects. We will build these hooks from scratch so you will get the best of both worlds.
We will cover all the major hooks and I will show you how to write them in code.
By the end of the tutorial you will have the building blocks necessary to build complex apps.
- Beginner React students
- React Hooks Intro00:34
- 2 rules off using hooks00:31
- 4 Hooks Overview01:24
- useState() overview02:58
- useEffect() overview01:07
- useReducer() overview01:16
- Context overview01:53
- useContext() overview02:33
- Migration Guide from Redux to React hooks00:45
- 6 ways to update state reference00:09
- For more free courses in the future follow me on twitter00:02
- Starter Code00:00
- creating your first React hook02:01
- adding the useState() hook02:27
- adding the useEffect() hook03:57
- adding the useReducer() hook04:27
- adding the useContext() hook07:22
- adding a Global state with Context04:54
- creating a form with React Hooks02:26
- adding useReducer() to the form03:44
- adding global state to the form05:45
- Final Project Code00:00
Mohammad Has been working in Web Development since late 2015. He holds 5 development certificates from Udacity. He has also previously worked as a code reviewer for Udacity. He has also completed freelance projects for startups and other B2B clients.
He is passionate about coding and always interested in new technology. Feel free to drop a message if you want to discuss anything.